Author Topic: Anyone Know What Happened? Silverbend RR in Clarksburg, CA  (Read 786 times)

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
Anyone Know What Happened? Silverbend RR in Clarksburg, CA
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
Okay, it wasn't ever officially the Silverbend RR, it was a Christmas tree farm and a pumpkin patch depending on the season, but they had 4 locomotives (3 steam) and several pieces of rolling stock including a GN and a NWP caboose. I was going to be in the area this weekend so I thought I would check them out (being an NWP fan) only to have found that they are closed and Google Earth shows no sign of the equipment or rolling stock. I know that they have been involved in a legal battle since 2009, but it looks like it has closed and the only info I have been able to find is that the 0-4-0 porter has been loaned out and is on display in Auburn, CA (it previously worked on the Mountain Quarries RR in Auburn). Any additional info on the disposition of the other pieces? Thanks for any help.
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
Re: Anyone Know What Happened? Silverbend RR in Clarksburg, CA
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:36:18 AM »
UPDATE: Drove by and saw the GN caboose and a wood stock car still there. Didn't see anything else and some (most) of the track seems to have been removed. Wondering where NWP caboose 19 is...
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members