Author Topic: Question on Bowser Covered Hoppers....  (Read 751 times)

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +122
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
Question on Bowser Covered Hoppers....
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »
Has anyone heard if Bowser plans to re-run any of the ex-DVFC hoppers (ACF and Airslide)?

Given that some of my favorite cars are some of Bryan's special runs on these shells (and quite some time ago),
I cannot help but feel that these would be successful if more care was taken in the decoration.

Anyone know the scoop/status of this tooling?

sdodge

• Crew
  • Respect: -1
Re: Question on Bowser Covered Hoppers....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:46:08 PM »
The old Delaware Valley cars? I would like to see these run again especially the ACF version. I have a stash of 5 that I have been slowly upgrading and repainting to make a salt train.

I also believe it would be an opportunity for Bowser. No scoop though.

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +122
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »
Yes - them...

A number are easy to find on Ebay, although the supply does seem to be thinning out...

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:03:01 AM »
I haven't paid attention lately, but 2-3 years ago Bowser still had stock of many of the road names. (for sure the airslides, not 100% up on the others but I believe they had at least a few.)

I have 7-8 of the airslides in my project pile awaiting body mount couplers, etched details, and new trucks.  I wouldn't mind seeing new tooling, but not at the expense of some other models I would rather see.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
I'd hope a new model of the Airslide would come out by a company like Athearn so we wouldn't have to suffer the massive unloading hardware details on the Bowser model.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.