Author Topic: Dimensions needed!!  (Read 878 times)

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
  • Respect: +106
Dimensions needed!!
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:48:27 AM »
Hey fellow  :ashat:'s I need someone to measure a Bachman heavy 4-8-2 Medium tender. What I need is the center to center dimension of the trucks from the outer most axles. Any format will do. I need to see how close it is to a CV U-1 class that I am going to build. The actual tender had a dimension of 23'-8". Unfortunately the plan I have doesn't give me a bolster to bolster dimension. I could also use the dimensions of the Long  tender as well if someone has that as well. This tender could be shortened for this.

So any help is welcomed.

Jon

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +764
Re: Dimensions needed!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
Hey fellow  :ashat:'s I need someone to measure a Bachman heavy 4-8-2 Medium tender. What I need is the center to center dimension of the trucks from the outer most axles. Any format will do. I need to see how close it is to a CV U-1 class that I am going to build. The actual tender had a dimension of 23'-8". Unfortunately the plan I have doesn't give me a bolster to bolster dimension. I could also use the dimensions of the Long  tender as well if someone has that as well. This tender could be shortened for this.

So any help is welcomed.

Jon

30 feet ish long over sills item 89751 usra medium

Kiasutha

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
Jon:
Best I can tell,
23 and a half feet for the USRA medium (maybe a bit more), and 28' for the long; measured from the centers of the leading and trailing axles with my  very old n scale rule.
Jim R.

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »
Thank you Richie! This is quite close then because the tender I need measures 32'-8" over the sills. Guess I'll pull the trigger on one of these Bachmann tenders.
Now does anyone have a Long version that would be willing to swap the trucks with me from the medium tender for their trucks from the long tender.
Or does anyone know if you can get these trucks from Bachmann?

Jon

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
Jon:
Best I can tell,
23 and a half feet for the USRA medium (maybe a bit more), and 28' for the long; measured from the centers of the leading and trailing axles with my  very old n scale rule.
Jim R.

Perfect Jim!!! My drawing has 23'-8" so it's only 2 inches off.  ;)

Jon

Kiasutha

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Jon;
Considering that ruler is probably older than half of the board members, and my 59+ year old eyes are half way through surgery; it may not be off at all. Good luck,
Jim