Author Topic: Hay Bros. installation question?  (Read 893 times)

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +77
Hay Bros. installation question?
« on: May 02, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »
I have a bunch of Hay Brother's loads and they are excellent.
I bought a bunch for the Intermountain bathtub gons. Does anyone have suggestions on how to install them easily? Unlike the other Hays loads, these don't just fit in. They can sink way down into the gondola. I am curious what others have done. The only thing I can come up with is to put something in the gon to keep the load placed correctly.

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
Re: Hay Bros. installation question?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
...Does anyone have suggestions on how to install them easily? Unlike the other Hays loads, these don't just fit in. They can sink way down into the gondola... The only thing I can come up with is to put something in the gon to keep the load placed correctly.

Try gluing a piece of foam to the bottom of the load so that the load sits at the proper height.

Hmm... or you could
just put in a skinny
balloon in the car...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Mike C

• Crew
  • Respect: +68
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
Try gluing a piece of foam to the bottom of the load so that the load sits at the proper height.

Hmm... or you could
just put in a skinny
balloon in the car...

Trojan makes skinny balloons .......

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
Trojan makes skinny balloons .......

Hmm... I am so-o-o-o
embarrassed...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

haybros

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
I have a bunch of Hay Brother's loads and they are excellent.
I bought a bunch for the Intermountain bathtub gons. Does anyone have suggestions on how to install them easily? Unlike the other Hays loads, these don't just fit in. They can sink way down into the gondola. I am curious what others have done. The only thing I can come up with is to put something in the gon to keep the load placed correctly.

Please send me an email ( sales@nscaleloads.com ). Let me know which load it is. Thanks..!!

Bill Hay @ Hay Brothers
www.nscaleloads.com

sdodge

• Crew
  • Respect: -1
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
Decided to post this here instead of a PM...could be considered an installation question but for a different load.

Regarding your listing for Trainworx Thrall 52' 6" Gondola, do these fit both the corrugated side and smooth side cars?

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »
Please send me an email ( sales@nscaleloads.com ). Let me know which load it is. Thanks..!!

Bill Hay @ Hay Brothers
www.nscaleloads.com

Just for clarity, I don't want folks to think that I thought there was anything wrong with the loads. To the contrary. The Intermountain hoppers are different than other n scale hoppers in that the interiors are smooth and not tapered either. There is nothing for the load to sit on.

I emailed Bill and he was great and even offered to replace loads that I was not happy with. Not necessary as there is nothing wrong with them. He even offered to pay shipping! Then he emails me again and suggested adding foam under the loads AND offered to send me the foam. I didn't take him up on it, but I don't think customer service gets much better than that.

haybros

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »
Decided to post this here instead of a PM...could be considered an installation question but for a different load.

Regarding your listing for Trainworx Thrall 52' 6" Gondola, do these fit both the corrugated side and smooth side cars?

I did not have the answer to your question as I only have the Smooth-side cars at hand. However, I contacted Pat at Trainworx and he verified that the Corrugated-Side and the Smooth-Side are the same dimensionally....

So yes, they will fit.

Bill Hay @ Hay Brothers
www.nscaleloads.com
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:38:20 PM by haybros »

haybros

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
Just for clarity, I don't want folks to think that I thought there was anything wrong with the loads. To the contrary. The Intermountain hoppers are different than other n scale hoppers in that the interiors are smooth and not tapered either. There is nothing for the load to sit on.

I emailed Bill and he was great and even offered to replace loads that I was not happy with. Not necessary as there is nothing wrong with them. He even offered to pay shipping! Then he emails me again and suggested adding foam under the loads AND offered to send me the foam. I didn't take him up on it, but I don't think customer service gets much better than that.

Thanks for the kind words..!!

Bill Hay @ Hay Brothers
www.nscaleloads.com

sd45elect2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +35
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
I'll go on the record to state that I have a bunch of hay brothers loads and think they are very good ???

Randy

sdodge

• Crew
  • Respect: -1
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 07:11:04 PM »
I did not have the answer to your question as I only have the Smooth-side cars at hand. However, I contacted Pat at Trainworx and he verified that the Corrugated-Side and the Smooth-Side are the same dimensionally....

So yes, they will fit.

Bill Hay @ Hay Brothers
www.nscaleloads.com

Excellent! I was assuming that but good to get confirmation, thanks. I have probably purchased 100 of your loads over the years. Reasonable price + great quality = bulk purchases.