Author Topic: Aurora Red Ball Express  (Read 4522 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Aurora Red Ball Express
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 08:16:28 PM »
If at first you don't sell your crap just relist it at the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-AURORA-POSTAGE-STAMP-TRAIN-DISPLAY-layout-Red-ball-express-Never-used-/161291417938?

And they will probably do that over and over for months. Thank the eBay fee structure of that. It enables sellers like them to do what they do.  Back when you had to pay the insertion fee and percentage of the starting bid whether the item sold or not, you would never see this type of crap happening.
. . . 42 . . .

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:18 PM »
Sad to say, Mike but I've researched the heck out of those sets.  I have all three that they made.  The one in the ebay photo, the Amtrak station you mention, and there was a smaller simple oval industrial set as well. 

I picked up a set of still unopened track last year after digging through my stuff, as I knew the boys would probably love the sets as well.  I'm still on the look out for the BN electric engine at a reasonable price, and the very rare steam engine.

I have the BN electric, it was always my favorite.  I'd also pretend the Amtrak F40 broke down and let the Rio Grande GP serve as rescue power...

Will have to look up the steam engine.

GimpLizard

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »

This is what got me into N scale... me and how many hundreds of others?

Now I'm a collector of vintage Postage Stamp.

I wanted a Postage Stamp set real bad, when I was a kid. That's when I figured out that the #1 job of parents was to disappoint their kids. (Well, there was the train episode... and the time ma gave me an accordian for my birthday. What part of "electric guitar" did you NOT understand, ma?)

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2014, 09:04:01 AM »
I have the BN electric, it was always my favorite.  I'd also pretend the Amtrak F40 broke down and let the Rio Grande GP serve as rescue power...

+1  Same here.  Or the ATSF F40.......
~ Matt

LV LOU

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31:29 AM »
I wanted a Postage Stamp set real bad, when I was a kid. That's when I figured out that the #1 job of parents was to disappoint their kids. (Well, there was the train episode... and the time ma gave me an accordian for my birthday. What part of "electric guitar" did you NOT understand, ma?)
Well,the Accordion is a good job to fall back on ..If you live in Latvia..

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »
I wanted a Postage Stamp set real bad, when I was a kid. That's when I figured out that the #1 job of parents was to disappoint their kids.

I never had a dog either.

Greyryder

• Crew
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »
I wanted a Postage Stamp set real bad, when I was a kid. That's when I figured out that the #1 job of parents was to disappoint their kids.

I still the remember the year there was a huge box under the tree, with my name on it. It was a coat....

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 03:03:49 AM »
 :|          I too still remember the Huge Box under the tree in 1954. I was a Marx Roy Rodgers Ranch Play Set complete with Tin Litho Ranch House Cabin. Depending on the contents and set mine might be worth several hundred today if I still had it. Attend the OTSN show in Chicago Area some fall and just go to the Room Trading not the main show and be amazed what just one rare little plastic figure to complete the mint in the box set you are recreating is worth. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.

LV LOU

• Crew
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
Just why is it that most toys from the 50's-60's are so collectable and worth so much money,but a mint N scale train is worth about nothing?

LV LOU

• Crew
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 10:26:17 AM »
I never had a dog either.
Even worse..My parents liked cats..

GimpLizard

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 06:18:10 AM »
Pretty much sounds like everybody's parents got the same memo. Damn party-lines.