Author Topic: BLMA Trinity Tropicana Reefers  (Read 1085 times)

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
BLMA Trinity Tropicana Reefers
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:11:24 PM »
Hi guys, just picked up BLMA Tropicana reefer.It is my understanding that these cars are foobies,but pictures of the real cars look just like my CEFX reefers.So what is the difference between the cars that makes the Tropicana car a foobie?
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Re: BLMA Trinity Tropicana Reefers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
Here's a post from way back that has a good side-by-side of the prototypes: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=28568.msg301028#msg301028

Bottom line? The Tropicana cars are shorter and shorter... uh... they're not as tall nor as long as the ARMN cars the BLMA model is based on, by roughly a foot-and-a-half in each dimension.

Smike

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
This is one foobie, I'm calling good enough, I mean this is no NS Gevo low headlamp kind of compromise.

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:57:06 AM »
I agree.  There is still much room in N for just good enough foobs, and this is certainly one of them.  Until shapeways can make a prototype for just about any one off kind of car, we will have to make these kind of compromises, which we have always had to do, and are doing to less and less a degree over time.  At least these foobs are great looking cars in and of themselves.

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »
I am certainly happy with the car," foobie" or not.I like the looks of it and as it's prime job for the moment is being parked at the ONANDAGA FOODS warehouse on my show layout The Onandaga Sub which was posted in the layout forum here.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made