Author Topic: While We're At It  (Read 1022 times)

MRL

• Respect: 0
While We're At It
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:13:15 PM »
Please MTL do a new body style, Bethlehem 100Ton 3 Bay Open Hopper  :? A 10 pack as well as a separate double rotary end BN 527470-527499...

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +60
Re: While We're At It
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »
...A 10 pack as well as a separate double rotary end BN 527470-527499...

I don't think that's gonna happen.

Hmm... all you gotta do
is scratchbuild one, and
it's guaranteed someone
will produce 'em...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
I'd want 100+

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:10:29 AM »
Please MTL do a new body style, Bethlehem 100Ton 3 Bay Open Hopper  :? A 10 pack as well as a separate double rotary end BN 527470-527499...

Surely these cars are on someone's short list.  That's my main fear about doing a custom run of MTL foobs.

These are definitely in my Top 10 most wanted.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:17:57 AM »
Have you contacted MTL about these cars?They do read and reply to emails.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +237
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:49:42 AM »
I'd want 100+

Being in the industry, I hear that statement a lot, the next question I ask is the one that kinda is the telling one... " ok, but how many can you actually afford to purchase".......

That is usually when the great potential project kinda hit the brakes..... being modellers ourselves, we know the difference between what we "want" and what we can actually count on being able to "buy".... 'cause we all have the same budget restrictions too.... :|          "rats" !!!!!!!!!!!!
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +58
    • Conrail's Portland Line
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
1. Let's post some less vague thread titles.
2. Send requests to MTL with some research. Joe is not a MTL rep here.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 08:59:24 AM »
I have contacted MTL about the BN foobs, but communications have halted.  They (Joe) scheduled a phone call but never called.  Assuming they are just busy.   I'm truthfully not in a huge hurry to plunk down a couple grand.   :scared:
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
Being in the industry, I hear that statement a lot, the next question I ask is the one that kinda is the telling one... " ok, but how many can you actually afford to purchase".......

That is usually when the great potential project kinda hit the brakes..... being modellers ourselves, we know the difference between what we "want" and what we can actually count on being able to "buy".... 'cause we all have the same budget restrictions too.... :|          "rats" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I'd be in for 100+ road numbers...so be over multiple runs.  I mean I'm the guy with almost 200 of the Atlas 90/100T hoppers, but all with different numbers.

If they did these cars in runner packs of 4-5 cars, I'd get a set each run.

If Atlas were to do these cars, I'd like to see them in the Trainman line, mostly on a cost basis, and as others mentioned in the other threads, when you see a 110 car train, do you really notice details on the cars as the train rolls by?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:18:29 PM by Ike the BN Freak »