Author Topic: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA  (Read 1600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »
0
Why am I not finding an abundance of these for sale for a long time ?


Richie Dost

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
0
Sorry, that was me... started replacing wheels on RC bi-levels  ;)

I had a bit of trouble finding them as well, finally grabbed a few 100 packs from MBK.

TrainReign

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Respect: 0
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »
0
I too am looking for the same wheels.


I Emailed BLMA several weeks ago. Craig said they should be available late this year or early next year.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 11:00:26 PM »
0
Why am I not finding an abundance of these for sale for a long time ?

My guess is that many manufactures are providing metal wheels with their cars and production is being consumed by the new cars flowing out the door.
Tony Hines

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9960
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »
0
Somebody out to add two zeros to the production order . I am going to try the IMRC 60052's , not fine scale width , but I am not waiting for what I shouldn't be waiting for . Wasted hours lookin' all over the place . I even requested a bag of 500 or so that BLMA has on his web site ... heard nothing and that's many months old now , maybe the BLI Mountain will come first . Might text Obama that his buddy needs another White House visit , this time a finger wagging instead of a back patting . :P


Richie Dost

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
0
Same thing is happening on the manufacturing side regarding OEM wheels.  Had to wait five months for the trucks/wheels purchase order to be filled for the upcoming X58 run.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11423
  • Respect: +2889
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
0
Hmm. Exact Rail announced their own wheelsets last year. I recall some hoopla about the production being in-house in an attempt to have better control over production. They are offering the HO wheelsets, yet they're out of stock on 33", which makes me wonder - exactly what did they gain in their CNC investment?

Did anybody see if the N sets ever made it to the storefront?

Personally, I have a couple of bags of 100 FVM MTL 33" in my stash, so I'm not desperate... yet. Those won't last long if I get a wild hair to do a wheelset retrofit session. :|
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »
0
I can't afford to change my cars to metal wheels. Got too many. I was surprised at how many Micro-Trains new standard flange 33" wheels I needed to convert from pizza cutters.


Hmm... Kiz has a ton
of Micro-Trains cars...


Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

TrainReign

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35
  • Respect: 0
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 11:03:23 PM »
0
My guess is that many manufactures are providing metal wheels with their cars and production is being consumed by the new cars flowing out the door.

Actually I should have said FVM not BLMA.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »
0
Actually I should have said FVM not BLMA.

It could apply to either. FVM, BLMA, Athearn and Atlas Masterline cars all come with metal wheels now. Before this, the only company with major production numbers to include metal wheels in their cars was Bachmann. Since as far as I know, none of the companies use Bachmann's parent company Kader for production now, there is a new source that is having to supply the demand of 4 companies plus FVM, BLMA and Atlas offering metal wheels seperately.
Tony Hines

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: Fox Valley and BLMA 33" MTL spaced wheel sets MIA
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:52:04 AM »
0
Trainworx just release a bunch of cars and they all come with FVM wheels, maybe they took the whole supply.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.