Author Topic: Why wyes  (Read 1778 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

basementcalling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3922
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1056
Why wyes
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »
0
Looks like the first of the new Atlas C55 turnout shipments might be showing as MB Klein relisted these as in stock with 23 available.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Atlas-N-2056-Code-55-Track-25-Wye-Turnout-p/atl-2056.htm

Hoping to see the new number 10 versions arrive shortly so tracklaying can proceed on the Idaho Belt.
Peter Pfotenhauer

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11423
  • Respect: +2887
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:12:44 AM »
0
I dunno, looks to me like somebody made a wyes decision.

:trollface:   I'll be here all week.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

Leggy

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 665
  • Respect: +48
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »
0
Wye did you have to make that pun?  :facepalm:


 :trollface:

C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11423
  • Respect: +2887
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 12:57:29 AM »
0
With that out of the way, in all seriousness...

Yes, hopefully this is indication that the floodgates are about to open. The Atlas powers-that-be had indicated a probable November timeline for C55, so these are a little early.

Since the layout building (lack of) progress has been delaying actual trackwork, I've been contemplating liquidating my stash of #10's and #7's, playing with the possibility of doing Proto87 instead. I may still do that, but it's nice to know that there are signs of getting more Atlas, soon, if I scuttle the roll-my-own plan.

Good stuff. Thanks for the heads-up.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

basementcalling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3922
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1056
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:00 AM »
0
I dunno, looks to me like somebody made a wyes decision.

:trollface:   I'll be here all week.

Are you hoping we turn out for your show?  :scared:
Peter Pfotenhauer

Rossford Yard

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1201
  • Respect: +165
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
0
Not sure wye, but last year, when I was hunting for the C55 Atlas track, they seemed to have a real shortage of RH 10's and 7's.  I hope that was a statistical anomaly but if not, I hope they over produce the RH turnouts.  Making the wye first seems like a real cop out.....but there must be a reason.  It certainly cannot be as popular as the more standard 5, 7, and to lesser degrees for the space limited 10's.

That said, once I put a few 10's down, they looked so great I went on a nationwide internet shop tour trying to find the few that were left.

basementcalling

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3922
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1056
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
0
Not sure wye, but last year, when I was hunting for the C55 Atlas track, they seemed to have a real shortage of RH 10's and 7's.  I hope that was a statistical anomaly but if not, I hope they over produce the RH turnouts.  Making the wye first seems like a real cop out.....but there must be a reason.  It certainly cannot be as popular as the more standard 5, 7, and to lesser degrees for the space limited 10's.

That said, once I put a few 10's down, they looked so great I went on a nationwide internet shop tour trying to find the few that were left.

If you bid on eBay for them we were competitors.
Peter Pfotenhauer

MVW

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1485
  • Respect: +396
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
0
Hmmmm. The Atlas site doesn't list Code 55 switches as expected until November. Meanwhile, the Code 80 switches I've been waiting for were expected Sept/Oct, but still haven't shown up at MBK.

Fortunately, I'm poor. So I'm waiting patiently.  :D

Jim

Bsklarski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 673
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6
    • B&M Conn River Line
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 09:09:06 PM »
0
Are you hoping we turn out for your show?  :scared:

Depending on work, I can be FLEXible.
Brian Sklarski
Engineer, New England Central Railroad

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston-Maine-Conn-River-Line/173358446076160

bdennis

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 557
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +172
    • Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
0
I think these "y"'s are old stock. I dont think Atlas have ever been out of them.. I dont think this is a sign that the new stock is arriving.. Just old stock.
Brendan Dennis
N scale - Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division

tehachapifan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3477
  • Respect: +1148
Re: Why wyes
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
0
I don't know wye, but suddenly I have a hankerin' for a Bud Dry. :drool: