Author Topic: Hey DKS, my "original" N version Kittyhawk Central  (Read 725 times)

GimpLizard

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
Hey DKS, my "original" N version Kittyhawk Central
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »
I mentioned, in the latest Weekend Update thread, that I try to post the track plan from my late 80's, N scale verison of the Kittyhawk Central. Well here it is. (Hopefully. If i can figure out the changes to Photobucket. Here goes...)

This was doen in Atlas code 80 sectional track, with standard turnouts. Obviously it's not an exact copy. But it comes close. As you can see, I moved the passing curve closer to the mainline curve. And eliminated a couple of the spurs.

Because I like small layouts (easier for a lazy A/H, like me, to manage) I thought I do something similar out of code 55. The changes I want to make are to rotate the passing siding around to the long side where the spurs are. And add a curve to the opposite side. For interests sake. Here's a quick, preliminary design I threw together last night.

I know there are some gaps showing. I'll be using mostly flex, so I'm sure I can close those up with much trouble. I was originally having difficulting with fitting everything in, but after some suggestions from DKS, Dave Foxx, and some others, about trimming the #5 turnouts, and other track pieces, I think I can make it work.

Cut & paste the IMG link from your Photobucket page.  The .jpg.html extension was confusing the forum software. -gfh
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:03:25 AM by GaryHinshaw »