Author Topic: Orlando/Kissimmee Florida clubs/layouts  (Read 406 times)

MichaelT

• Crew
  • HCD module mania!
  • Respect: +1
Orlando/Kissimmee Florida clubs/layouts
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
Evening,

Going to be in Kissimmee, FL later this month and was wondering if anyone knew of any model railroad groups that would possibly show a layout to a visitor? Looked up an Orlando club but their website is inactive.

michael
Jesus is my engineer! :)

Bangorboy

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
Re: Orlando/Kissimmee Florida clubs/layouts
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
Michael,

The only N scale club I know of is out east of Orlando on Colonial Drive.  Exact coordinates are 28.561857,-81.157874 on Google Maps.  It's at Sherman Drive and Old Cheney Hwy.  Zoom in to Street View and look southeast.  Directions from downtown:

Take Colonial Drive (FL 50) east.  When you pass the entrance to the toll Spessard L Holland Expressway (FL 408), you're getting close.
Watch for Avalon Park Blvd on the right, then a Kangaroo Express station.   About 800 ft beyond the Kangaroo there's a mobile home park.  The next right with a right turn exit lane is Sherman St.  Turn on Sherman and go about 0.2 mi to the stop sign.  The road jags to the right a bit, and the club is on the left beside that road, just beyond the stop sign.  Look for a typical freight house style building with a crossbuck standing just right of center.  The entrance is by the freight door at the far left end.

Only problem, I haven't been to Orlando for over eight years, so I don't know their schedule.  They were a welcoming bunch the last time I was there.  A member called Charlie adopted me and showed me all around.

I'm sure someone who knows when they meet will chime in.

Bill B
N Scaling in South Okaloosa
Bill B
Drole & Lake Connick RR
N Scaling in South Okaloosa