Author Topic: Bluford's February Announcements  (Read 1726 times)

Bluford Craig

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
Bluford's February Announcements
« on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »
Bluford Shops February Announcements have been posted on our site www.bluford-shops.com

Enjoy,

Craig
Bluford Shops

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
Re: Bluford's February Announcements
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
CP Rail chipracks, nice! Thanks Craig.

Bluford Craig

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »
CP Rail chipracks, nice! Thanks Craig.
I think that one was your idea!
Craig

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
Please, kind sir's..... what date were the CP Rail cars converted.... cash on the barrel head is on the line here.....  :?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:46:36 PM by Puddington »
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

mecgp7

• Crew
  • Respect: +269
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Craig,
Are the bodies one solid piece or are the extensions added to existing hoppers?  If separate, what are the chances of buying parts?
Thanks,
CG

MRLX1020

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 07:44:32 PM »
Awesome releases!  These are great, as I just planned a paper plant on my new layout!

Now, the questions:

Will you do the IC split rail scheme on the 3 bay cars as coal cars, or do I get these and pop the racks off?

Will you do the GM&O rib side 3 bay woodchip hoppers?

Pages 67 and 101 of the IC/GM&O Morning Sun Color Freight Car guide - which has been out for 11 years now, and mine is showing some wear....

Thanks again for more awesome stuff!

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:59 PM »
I think that one was your idea!
Craig

Well, if you're still listening, sure could use some more CN noodle and CP multimark offset hoppers... 12 road numbers of each. Six is too few; been buying the odd duplicate numbered car when I can find them for renumbering.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:57:13 PM by lock4244 »

Bluford Craig

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 12:21:42 PM »
Please, kind sir's..... what date were the CP Rail cars converted.... cash on the barrel head is on the line here.....  :?
Don't know what year CP added the extensions. The prototype photo we have was taken sometime after 1978 based on the lettering and the wear and tear on the car is pretty high.
Craig

Bluford Craig

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
Craig,
Are the bodies one solid piece or are the extensions added to existing hoppers?  If separate, what are the chances of buying parts?
Thanks,
CG
They are separate pieces, welded onto our coal hopper bodies. No plans to sell the extensions separately because they are sized to snuggly fit our hoppers and wouldn't fit any other brand.
Craig

Bluford Craig

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 12:31:07 PM »
Awesome releases!  These are great, as I just planned a paper plant on my new layout!

Now, the questions:

Will you do the IC split rail scheme on the 3 bay cars as coal cars, or do I get these and pop the racks off?

Will you do the GM&O rib side 3 bay woodchip hoppers?

Pages 67 and 101 of the IC/GM&O Morning Sun Color Freight Car guide - which has been out for 11 years now, and mine is showing some wear....

Thanks again for more awesome stuff!
We will do the IC split rail scheme on the hoppers down the road (after the chip cars come out.) There are also a couple of ICG schemes we haven't done yet. As for the GM&O cars, the cars on page 101 of the color guide were on their way to Frescati Shops to be rebuilt into chip hoppers so they didn't exist as "coal" style hoppers in that scheme for very long. Once they had their extensions installed, it appears they were repainted pretty quickly with the "GULF MOBILE & OHIO" up on the extensions instead of down on the original hopper body. That paint scheme, we have already announced: http://www.bluford-shops.com/bluford_93_021.htm  at the bottom of the page.

Craig
Bluford Shops

jpf94

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »
I like the AD&N cars a lot.  One question, in order to get all the unique numbers do you have the buy the 2 and 3 packs?

Joe

screeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 12:54:51 AM »
CP multimarks - brilliant, thanks Craig!

Ian MacMillan

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +157
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 01:51:33 AM »
Whew... safe this month
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Bluford Craig

• Crew
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:58:29 PM »
I like the AD&N cars a lot.  One question, in order to get all the unique numbers do you have the buy the 2 and 3 packs?

Joe
Yeah, that's he general rule with our line. If you order a single, a 2-pack, and a 3-pack for instance, you will get all 6 road numbers. Don't just order six singles, they will all have the same number! In the case of AD&N, we are just doing 3 numbers, so a single and a 2-pack. For other roadnames on coal hoppers we've done as many as 20 numbers (single, 3-pack, 6-pack, 10-pack.)

Craig
www.bluford-shops.com

MRLX1020

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »
We will do the IC split rail scheme on the hoppers down the road (after the chip cars come out.) There are also a couple of ICG schemes we haven't done yet. As for the GM&O cars, the cars on page 101 of the color guide were on their way to Frescati Shops to be rebuilt into chip hoppers so they didn't exist as "coal" style hoppers in that scheme for very long. Once they had their extensions installed, it appears they were repainted pretty quickly with the "GULF MOBILE & OHIO" up on the extensions instead of down on the original hopper body. That paint scheme, we have already announced: http://www.bluford-shops.com/bluford_93_021.htm  at the bottom of the page.

Craig
Bluford Shops

Craig:

Excellent news on all fronts!  I will have to reserve the GM&O cars!  Thanks for pointing them out, I must have been sleeping!

Justin
MRLX1020