Author Topic: Looking For Rivarossi Spares  (Read 547 times)

Alwyn Cutmore

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
Looking For Rivarossi Spares
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
Hi Folks,

Got a mate who has a problem with his Rivarossi Bog Boy. It has melted the driving wheel of the third axel  from the front on the rear engine (the one with the main crank pins). Does anyone know of anywhere or dealers who may have a spare for the model?  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Al
Al Cutmore
Slobbering Pennsy Shark Nose Freak
Australia

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +1933
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Looking For Rivarossi Spares
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »
Al,
you might trying to contact Con-Cor directly. Who knows, they might still have some spares for these models.
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm puzzled!!!!

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
The shop that was the official Rivarossi service dealer was here in town but closed at least 6 years ago and auctioned off all their stock. A buddy of mine went to the auctions and there really wasn't that much stuff left. A couple complete boilers, some motors, and random detail parts. The worst part was you had to know the part number to find anything because everything was in boxes. One ebay dealer bought up most of it and parted it out. I bought a few odd ball motors but for the most part, there was nothing of use left.

I have scrounged up a couple spare chassis for some projects and it seems the drivers are always the thing wrong with them. I tried making a resin casting of the wheel center and making a new driver but I couldn't get them concentric enough to any real use.
Tony Hines

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
Does anyone here know if the drivers and gearing on the RR 4-8-8-4 are the same as the 2-8-8-0/2-8-8-2?  If they are, there is a possibility that I could be of service.  I meant to send in my two basket cases and eighty bananas to C-C a few years back and get two PRR GS-4s (or whatever they were going to give), but never did it.

Alwyn Cutmore

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
Hi Folks,

Thanks Peteski and Tony. Not being smart but I could have almost backed it in that you would have some form of solution. I do thank you for your input and yes I will give ConCor a try.

Regards

Al
Al Cutmore
Slobbering Pennsy Shark Nose Freak
Australia