Author Topic: Bluford GB&W caboose update.  (Read 832 times)

Bluford Craig

• Crew
  • Respect: +57
Bluford GB&W caboose update.
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
After discussing the subject with several fans of Green Bay & Western, the consensus is that we should be doing that road name on the Bluford Shops Short Roof Transfer Caboose instead of the previously announced Long Roof version; the argument being that even the GB&W cabooses with slightly more roof overhang are still much closer in appearance to our short roof car than the long roof car.
As a result, Both HO and N scale editions of the Bluford Shops Green Bay & Western transfer cabooses will be delivered with the shorter roof. No changes will be made to stock numbers or prices and pre-orders will carry over as before. The artwork on the website has been revised:

N scale:  http://www.bluford-shops.com/bluford_93_019.htm

Thanks to all who contributed their views on the matter.
Craig
Bluford Shops

Dave Schneider

• Crew
  • Respect: +47
Re: Bluford GB&W caboose update.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »
Craig,

Although I wasn't directly involved in these discussions, I commend you for having them. What a positive example for all involved.

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +102
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »
This kind of interaction is just awesome!!!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »
Way to Go Craig and Steve!

Kev1340

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
This is great news in so many ways!

Having ordered both N and HO versions from my local 'pusher' I'm obviously delighted these will be more accurate than I originally thought.

The fact that Craig and the Bluford crew were willing to make this change, and so quickly, is amazing. Who says manufactures don't listen!

Cheers,

Kev