Author Topic: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.  (Read 1670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:13:38 AM »
0
I know I saw these sometime in the dark ages. Anyone know where I can find plans for these?
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
0
I know I saw these sometime in the dark ages. Anyone know where I can find plans for these?

Which one?  I've been able to collect a couple manufacturer's drawings over the years, but have never seen them out in public domain.  All of mine were obtained with caveats. 

If you want to model an end platform version, the Walthers HO cars can be found really cheap.  If you want to do a center platform version, then there was a drawing in Model Railroader back around 1992. 

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
0
He's probably thinking about the MR drawings - though I thought I saw newer drawings for Flexi-van in either MR or one of the N scale mags.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
0
Which one?  I've been able to collect a couple manufacturer's drawings over the years, but have never seen them out in public domain.  All of mine were obtained with caveats. 

If you want to model an end platform version, the Walthers HO cars can be found really cheap.  If you want to do a center platform version, then there was a drawing in Model Railroader back around 1992.

Thanks. A quick search couldn't find much of anything. I'll look for the MR issue, and maybe pick up a Walthers car when I go to the train show next month. I was planning on an earlier version, but will see which is more doable. with what I have to work with.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Zox

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1120
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
0
If you want to do a center platform version, then there was a drawing in Model Railroader back around 1992.

"New York Central's Flexi-Van flatcar," February 1992. Article starts on page 96, drawings on pages 98-99.
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
0
"New York Central's Flexi-Van flatcar," February 1992. Article starts on page 96, drawings on pages 98-99.

Thanks, I found that. Now to see if I can pull this off.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2888
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
0
Wasn't some manufacturer going to do this in N , I think I read that a few months ago .

Found it
http://www.nscalekits.co.uk/flexivan_soon.html
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:19:27 PM by up1950s »


Richie Dost

jmlaboda - RIP

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2181
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
0
N Scale Kits is said to be working on bringing these out but they reportedly are having some problems getting some of the parts done, specifically the laser cut parts.

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
0
I think Traincat was going to do another version. His recent problems may put that project in jeopardy, also.

Frank
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Big4Man

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 154
  • "They say I'm crazy but I have a good time..."
  • Respect: +1
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »
0
I'm so glad I bought a pile of the Microscale decals for these when they were announced.... :facepalm:

<sigh>

These have been vaporwared......twice!!

These would have looked great with a N-7A caboose from Train Cat!

Oh, wait! That was vaporware too!!

End of rant..... :x

FrankCampagna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 999
  • Respect: 0
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
0
I'm so glad I bought a pile of the Microscale decals for these when they were announced.... :facepalm:

<sigh>

These have been vaporwared......twice!!

These would have looked great with a N-7A caboose from Train Cat!

Oh, wait! That was vaporware too!!

I feel your pain. I have the decals also. Guess I will have to search for the old Walthers cabooses, and I'm getting some Atlas trash flats to see if they can be used for the base for the cars. Might end up with some good enough models. Might not. Tough being a NYC fan.

Frank

End of rant..... :x
"Once I built a railroad, made it run......."

Ike the BN Freak

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1639
  • Respect: +119
Re: Plans for Flexi-Van cars.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:45:05 PM »
0
N Scale Kits is said to be working on bringing these out but they reportedly are having some problems getting some of the parts done, specifically the laser cut parts.

I was hoping for these as I can bash them into a VTTX container flats