Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado (Read 1030 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Flagler
Crew
Posts: 391
Respect:
-43
help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado
«
on:
November 12, 2012, 11:53:31 AM »
0
Any one know where I can find a good set of instuctions for a Tender install on the kato Mikado?
Logged
Flagler
Crew
Posts: 391
Respect:
-43
Re: help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado
«
Reply #1 on:
November 12, 2012, 02:23:15 PM »
0
I found some help,and will the mail the engine on Tusday
Logged
elnscale
Crew
Posts: 112
Respect:
+1
Re: help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado
«
Reply #2 on:
November 13, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »
0
Hi Flagler,
Don't have instructions. Dr. Weldon did my install, his first Mikado. I did specify the use of a Digitrax DN125PS for the job. This decoder has a pin connector. It went into the tender. The hard wiring in the engine also had a pin receptacle which was wired from the engine to the tender. Thus a decoder replacement merely means a plug and play switch on the tender.
I would recommend this approach. I have not had reason to change the decoder, but if I did it would be straight forward and would not involve taking the engine apart.
HTH
Steve
http://www.digitrax.com/products/mobile-decoders/dz125ps/
Logged
Steve
Erie Lackawanna N-Scale Modelling
www.scrantonstation.com
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
help finding instuctions decoder install kato mikado