Author Topic: Peco Electrofrog Crossovers  (Read 1041 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ljudice

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3390
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +271
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
Peco Electrofrog Crossovers
« on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:34 PM »
0
First of all, glad to be back online after Sandy (see my post in Crew Lounge)

I should know the answer to this - but I want to be sure....   If I build crossovers between double track using two Peco Electrofrog switches, I am assuming that for the DIVERGING tracks, which are now connected together, I just need to insulate each rail.  I don't need to insulate them, and put a tiny piece of powered track between the two?

Of course the mainline tracks also need their normal insulators.

Thanks,
- Lou

https://louisjudice.com - Photography and my Amazing AI Music Videos

mplsjct

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 506
  • Respect: +452
Re: Peco Electrofrog Crossovers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
0
Yes, you are correct.

I have 3 crossovers using Peco code 55 on my layout, and that's how they're all done.
I’m not here to argue

ljudice

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3390
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +271
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
Re: Peco Electrofrog Crossovers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:34:44 AM »
0
Thanks very much, that's easy!

- Lou

https://louisjudice.com - Photography and my Amazing AI Music Videos