Author Topic: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?  (Read 1251 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« on: September 09, 2012, 09:45:15 PM »
0
Somehow I got it in my head that Trailer Train yellow cars came after 1971. Am I right, or did I misunderstand way back when I originally asked the question?


Hmm... Kiz has the memory
of a walnut...




Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

mplsjct

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 506
  • Respect: +452
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »
0
http://www.bluford-shops.com/bluford_93_026.htm

1970 according to the timeline resource page on Bluford Shops.

An excellent resource, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:01:03 AM by mplsjct »
I’m not here to argue

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
0

1970 according to the timeline resource page on Bluford Shops.

An excellent resource, in my opinion.

All I see on Bluford Shops website are auto boxes, 40' open hoppers, and cabooses. I did find this on the train-worx site:

 http://www.train-worx.com/ps85.trailertrain.htm

It just says their yellow Trailer Train cars were built in the 70s.


Hmm... I'm going out for
a banana daiquiri...


Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »
0
I don't know the exact date, but it was before 1974 and after 1969.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11883
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +945
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 03:42:57 AM »
0
1970 is the year yellow was introduced (TT)


cv_acr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2684
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +139
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery

mplsjct

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 506
  • Respect: +452
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:43 AM »
0
I fixed the link on the earlier reply, if you scroll down to 1970, it was the year Trailer Train started painting their equipment yellow.
I’m not here to argue

Kisatchie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4180
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +63
Re: Trailer Train Box Car Red or Yellow?
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
0
Thanks for all the help. Woo Hoo, I can use the yellow TT cars now!


Hmm... I can use some
yellow bananas now...


Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"