Author Topic: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA  (Read 2136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2888
Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »
0
Think about these

Smokebox mounted bell brackets of various angles , such as straight out , 70 up , and 45 up degrees . Crease lines would not be wanted so we can fold it to a desirable width to match bell I think .

Boiler mounted bell brackets . straight out for hanging past the smokebox , 90 up and 45 up degrees .

Flat generic bars of various lengths up to 1.5 inch's in length for coupler lift reach arms , and power reverse parts etc , eye holes on ends .

Don't use too flimsy a gauge brass , .010 should be good .

Nothing fancy , just real basic shape so we wind up with a flat bottom for gluing . This way we could find other uses for the squared U shape .



Please , pretty please
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:45:16 PM by up1950s »


Richie Dost

craigolio1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2738
  • Respect: +2388
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
0
+1

Craig

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35320
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6660
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
0
You forgot Loren from GMM.  ;)
I'm not sure if this type of item would sell well enough to warrant a full production of a fret with just the brackets. Maybe adding these to existing fret would be a more viable option. GMM has a steam logo detailing set. This would fit well if added to that one.

Or maybe one of the forum members could have a run made. If someone designs the artwork, there are photo etching companies out there which will produce very small runs for couple hundred dollars. Either design a large fret with couple of dozen of smaller frets (with bunch of brackets on each) or just design a small fret and run few dozen of them. Then the excess could be sold to the interested parties.
. . . 42 . . .

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19627
  • Respect: +6940
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
0
Richie, Do you know how to use Corel draw or anything similar?  If so you could draw them up yourself and send them out.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2888
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:22 AM »
0
Richie, Do you know how to use Corel draw or anything similar?  If so you could draw them up yourself and send them out.

No , I was hoping Tom or Craig would take point . I just wanted to buy and use . Various bell brackets would be useful If you could get clones on one sheet . Having it added to an existing sheet would make multiple clones very expensive . I still have some smoke box front bells with brackets , but they are getting harder and harder to find . I guess one could take brass channel and slice on a bias , or just make a brass staple and bend the base on a 45 or so . Some things in N are not being addressed , and steam detail parts is one of them .


Richie Dost

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
0
Richie,
 I think more important than the bracket is the bell. There are quite a few diesel bells that hang from the top but none with pivots. A bell and bracket set would be great. I would love to have a stash of Kato Mikado bells and brackets.
Tony Hines

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
0
Agreed.  I definitely wish Kato would bring the Mikado parts back.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


pnolan48

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +136
Re: Etched sheet needed , Bob / Train Cat or Craig / BLMA
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:03 PM »
0
In the next month I have a large sheet going out--railings for a large freighter--and would be willing to add some small parts to it. I would rather have someone else draw them, or send me some detail specifications and I'll draw them. One problem is that the stock for railings is rather thin. I've had good luck with PPD, Ltd. in Great Britain, (Scotland, I think). Later on, I'll have some thicker stock (.010") going out for pilot houses on barges, but that may be a few months.