Author Topic: Del Prado F45  (Read 2108 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3531
  • Respect: +391
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

absnut

  • Guest

pennsyfan1361

  • Guest
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
0
I have a Del Prado FP 45 like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEL-PRADO-LOCOMOTIVES-AMTRAK-FP-45-OPENED-/110894188174?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19d1cf068e                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I have one of the Amtrak FP45. Makes for a nice dummy engine sitting in the yard. I read someone took a Bachmann SD40-2 to make it a running engine.    Rich

Catt

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1721
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »
0
The ATLAS SD50/60 chassis works for the FP45 shell.I think you can use the KATO SD45 chassis for the F45.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
0
I've been thinking about a way to convert one of their static Sterling Singles into an operating model but its a matter of figuring out a suitable 9' diameter driver.

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann

absnut

  • Guest
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »
0
The shell appears to be pretty much a copy of the old Lima model.  Years ago, I put the original Bachmann SD-40 chassis under the Lima shell.  Certainly not perfect, but I was happy with it.  I suspect the Del Prado shell could be likewise employed.

LV LOU

  • Guest
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:37 AM »
0
The shell appears to be pretty much a copy of the old Lima model.  Years ago, I put the original Bachmann SD-40 chassis under the Lima shell.  Certainly not perfect, but I was happy with it.  I suspect the Del Prado shell could be likewise employed.
Definitely looks to be the old Lima shell.I have 4-5 Lima's,cut down to F-45's.I just painted a BN,since they ran into Scranton as pool power on the EL.I cut out a section of the middle of the shell,and put them on Trix U30CG chassis with old Life Like GP38 pilots..

spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2468
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
0

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3531
  • Respect: +391
Re: Del Prado F45
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
0
Mark, I looked at your website but only under F45's........
Brian

Way of the Zephyr