Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Ebay containers
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Ebay containers (Read 2213 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Scottl
Crew
Posts: 5307
Respect:
+2619
Ebay containers
«
on:
July 16, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
0
Hi all,
I managed to finish decalling some well cars this past weekend, which has turned my attention to filling them up with some containers. I have been buying various decorated containers for several years, but there are many schemes that are unavailable and I would like to do myself.
I came across this listing on ebay- looks promising. You can buy individual sizes in packages of 10 as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-40-Assortment-of-containers-10-20-ft-10-40-ft-10-48-ft-10-53-ft-/290743128048?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item43b1a40ff0&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1203
The feedback looks good, as to the zooms of the product- has anyone taken the plunge on these?
Cheers,
Scott
Logged
ArtinCA
Crew
Posts: 246
Gender:
Get over it, they're not going to make that!
Respect:
+1
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #1 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
0
Not myself, but it looks interesting..
Logged
Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/
Scottl
Crew
Posts: 5307
Respect:
+2619
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #2 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
0
I wonder if they are 1:150 scale? There seems to be quite a bit of that available...
Logged
GaryHinshaw
Global Moderator
Crew
Posts: 6765
Respect:
+2639
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #3 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »
0
Hard to tell much from the picture, but I'm curious too. Do you have decals for the schemes you want to do?
-gfh
Logged
bc6
Crew
Posts: 281
Gender:
Respect:
0
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #4 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »
0
I purchased a few of these containers a while ago, I thought they were cool. They remind me of those n scale cars they have on ebay 100 for like $20. If you have time to decal & paint them go for it, they do fill a void if you need a bunch of containers.
Logged
ljudice
Crew
Posts: 3390
Gender:
Respect:
+271
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #5 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »
0
I bought these quite a time ago too, and they are not up to current standards... They would be good for background use though.
They are solid resin and were also not all exact fits for various intermodal cars.
Logged
https://louisjudice.com
- Photography and my Amazing AI Music Videos
Sokramiketes
Crew
Posts: 5404
Better modeling through peer pressure...
Respect:
+2158
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #6 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
0
Based on the flash at the bottom of one container in the photo and the sellers other items, plastic appears to mean resin. I'm sure they're resin knockoffs of someone's containers. Sounds like a cheap way to go as long as the castings are relatively bubble free and don't weight a ton if solid.
Edit: Lou confirmed while I was typing.
Logged
Mike
www.modutrak.com
www.rpmconference.com
Scottl
Crew
Posts: 5307
Respect:
+2619
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #7 on:
July 16, 2012, 10:40:38 PM »
0
I have an assortment of decals I have accumulated, and I have found others. Still looking for the orange Hapag Lloyd...
I noticed some of the flash- but the solid body is definitely not what I want for trains. Thanks for the feedback.
Logged
NARmike
Crew
Posts: 157
"From the Land of the Mighty Peace"
Respect:
+1
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #8 on:
July 16, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
0
The seller, Paula's Hobbies, because of the similar products, seems to be closely associated with another seller, G and P Hobbies (possibly the same person or persons). After purchacing over $80 worth of items from G and P I was only shipped 2 of the items ($5 worth). When I inquired about the missing items I was told to wait for another 45 days and assured that if they didn't show up that they would "make it good" with me. After 45 days passed and the items had still not arrived I asked the seller to re-ship the items which he refused to do. When I tried to make a complaint to ebay I found out why the seller asked me to wait the extra time... I was now too late to have ebay or paypal do anything about the THEFT. So left with no recourse I have spent $86 to get 2 very poorly cast resin vehicles that look like they were painted at a playschool.
When I finally looked through the guy's feedback it showed a long history of mysteriously dissappearing packages and unhappy customers whos complaints were answered with insults and contempt.
It's too bad too because, so far, he's the only one who seems to have late 70's N scale John Deere tractors which I desperately need.
BUYER BEWARE!
Mike Maisonneuve
Modeling the Northern Alberta Railways' Peace River subdivision in N Scale
http://nscalenar.blogspot.ca/
Logged
Mike Maisonneuve
Modelling the Northern Alberta Railways' Peace River subdivision in N scale
GP38-2freak
Crew
Posts: 122
Gender:
Respect:
0
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #9 on:
July 17, 2012, 07:35:26 AM »
0
Thank you Mike,
well I think it is a better choice to look at this one here
http://www.nscaleintermodalstore.net/category.sc?categoryId=10
I have some DeLuxe Innovations Containers decorated for TexNrails, I will lokk for them in a box and then you could have them
Tim
Logged
Scottl
Crew
Posts: 5307
Respect:
+2619
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #10 on:
July 17, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
0
Mike, your story is unfortunate, and most of the negative feedback with that seller is very similar to your experience. I'll definitely pass.
Tim, I'm definitely interested in any surplus containers! PM me if you want to work something out.
Cheers,
Scott
Logged
m301
Guest
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #11 on:
July 17, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »
0
The nscaleintermodalstore may make you wait 45 days just to hear back from him.
At least that was my experience.
Logged
Ed Kapuscinski
Global Moderator
Crew
Posts: 26113
Head Kino
Respect:
+11617
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #12 on:
July 17, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »
0
This reminds me, is there a guide out there to help me select proper trailers and containers for the mid 80s? Everything I've found seems to be too modern.
Logged
Visit:
Conrail1285.com
&
Railfanning.Kapuscinski.net
Join:
TheCRHS.org
Scottl
Crew
Posts: 5307
Respect:
+2619
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #13 on:
July 17, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
0
This is one of my favourites, but the dates are not there. I go with prototype photos as the mix of containers varies from railroad to railroad quite a bit.
http://www.matts-place.com/intermodal/part1/sea_containers1.htm
Logged
Catt
Crew
Posts: 1721
Gender:
Respect:
+28
Re: Ebay containers
«
Reply #14 on:
July 17, 2012, 11:37:36 AM »
0
Savonart under many different names has been booted off Ebay for non delivery among other things.A lot of their stuff is rather crude to say the least.
Logged
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Ebay containers