Author Topic: Newest Northern!!  (Read 2929 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Newest Northern!!
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:04:45 AM »
0
Finished the Niagara......
Kato GS4 conversion to NYC Niagara.  What do ya think?  I will likely build several more, one with smoke lifters









Now on to the ATSF 2-10-2...."T1" and Milwaukee S3.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:58:07 PM by superturbine »

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26113
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11617
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
0
Despite the fact that I always thought NYC steam looked ugly, that is STILL beautiful work.

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
0
Your right it is ungly compared to a FEF, ATSF Northern, GS4... but I really have gotten to like the variety.  BTW The engine is the way it is due to low clearance on the NYC.   I did not realize that until I started building it. Thanks for the complement!!

keeper

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1109
  • Too many thoughts...
  • Respect: +420
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:23:28 AM »
0

Now on to the ATSF 2-10-2...."T1" and Milwaukee S3.

I don't think it's ugly. I like it.
Looking foward to see the S3!  :D

Thomas
Thomas

Ageing is inevitable - maturity is optional.

Kev1340

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 164
  • Respect: +3
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 05:40:26 AM »
0
It looks great! Good work indeed.

Cheers,

Kev

fredmoehrle

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 217
  • Respect: 0
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »
0
Oh...
Whish I had a couple hundred bucks laying around! :drool:
Finally, some GOOD eight driver steam. :D

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
0
Ugly is as ugly does......F. Gump

Hat's off on yet another outstanding Northern conversion....and I don't think it's ugly..homely maybe... ;)
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

mcjaco

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1754
  • Respect: +147
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
0
When are you going to run our of Kato mechanisms????   :scared:
~ Matt

Modutrak.com

haasmarc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 547
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +973
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »
0
Now on to the ATSF 2-10-2...."T1" and Milwaukee S3...

T1, what T1?  Not a Reading T1?!
Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

Big4Man

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 154
  • "They say I'm crazy but I have a good time..."
  • Respect: +1
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
0
Me likey!  :D

Are you taking orders?

Are you using a brass tender from Pecos River?

Thanks for sharing your efforts! Even if it is a face only a mother would love!  :tommann:

Dan

hunter_alexander

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 113
  • Respect: +6
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
0
Hahah, I love it.

Glad to see this one finished. So how much?

They definitely look better with smoke lifters (elephant ears). What did you use for a tender? Curious.

Great job on it. :D

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
0
No the tender is my casting on a Athearn centipede frame..... It worked really well.  However,  I have really developed this casting for the Kato FEF-3 when it comes out.

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
0
They are ugly as mud but then again I like Baldwin Centipedes and centercabs.  Good work.  You don't often see anyone doing NYC steam.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9967
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2886
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
0
I think I need to find The Crapwire forum to post my stuff . I feel so inadequate compared to so many here . :oops:


Richie Dost

superturbine

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 909
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +62
Re: Newest Northern!!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 12:09:20 AM »
0
I think I need to find The Crapwire forum to post my stuff . I feel so inadequate compared to so many here . :oops:

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your work is awesome!!