Author Topic: Weekend Update 5/13/12  (Read 13029 times)

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
Re: Weekend Update 5/13/12
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »
Well, my own weekend was quite an enjoyable one, not to mention full of work and soldering-iron generated heat.
On friday i stayed home from the public learning institution to get Cromwick Hill (my UK themed N-Trak module) near completion for National Train Day on saturday (it made it there in one piece). There is still some work to be done, and already some alterations (the ballast on the mains needs serious replacing since it didn't come out as i had hoped it would, plus it is a bit too overscale even for 1:148th N-Scale. Hopefully i can scrounge some dough together and get a-hold of some much need buildings and even start work on scratchbuilding the Goods shed/pavilion and get the Home/Shunt signal in operating condition.
The sky-board that my grandmother painted came out fantastic and does well in capturing the look of the south-country in Wales.
Hopefully by this weekend i'll have made the necessary adjustments and done more scenery work so that i can devote most of my time to wiring the panel for the module's "Signal Box" and test out all its assorted functions (sans the signals).
Once everything starts looking a little less bland, i'll actually take some photographs and put them out onto the interwebz for all to feast their eyeballs on.
-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.