Author Topic: Chasing the Caboose......  (Read 924 times)

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +150
Chasing the Caboose......
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
Did some test runnig with the A-5 today, Decided to see what she could do. I ran out of track before I ran out of Power.  :D
25 MT, Atlas, IM and Roundhouse boxcars and reefers, All with either MT Trucks/couplers orAtlas/Unimate trucks/couplers. And of course, the Atlas Caboose.

Still left to do, coal load, Decoder, Archer rivets, Cross Compound pumps, Class lights, tender light, Paint, and I might try some weathering with this one, Now that I have "The gospel of Weathering" According to Tom Mann....

I gotta find a N trak club or a big layout when I get back to the states to really test it, I suspect it will pull less than the stock GS4, because I had to remove some of the frame around the nose, Although, I did add some weight back to the smoke box, where the weight was removed. It's ballanced well, so I think I am back to about the stock weight now.

Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +1112
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Chasing the Caboose......
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
Nice.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +636
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:05:22 AM »
I'm not really a steam guy, but that is one handsome beast Mike.

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +150
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:34:17 AM »
thanks guys,
But, I made a goof, it's not an A5, it's actually an A4. The refrence pictures I had of 2673 were mislabled as an A5. and of couse I didn't notice the diffrent pilot on the other A5 refrence pictures I have. :facepalm:

From what I can tell thought, the A4 and A5 were very simmular, if not identical.
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1551
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
I like the Jimmy Durante 'Schnozzola"... 
Nicely done.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net