Author Topic: New small pantry closet layout  (Read 1617 times)

fifer

• Crew
  • Albuquerque Canuel & Tijeras RR
  • Respect: +60
    • Fifer Hobby Supply
New small pantry closet layout
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »
Well guys, it has been years since I have done any HO but just got a little real estate to build a switching layout. The room is a hair over 7' long and about 4' 7" wide and I can use both walls. The locomotive will be a H660 with DCC and sound. I will paint in NYC and it will be set in the 30's to 50's. I still have many old time cars and almost all buildings will be flats. The turn table is N Scale but about the right diameter. The track will all be DCC friendly 83 Walthers and flex but sectional Atlas was used to design the plan for size purposes. I am pretty excited to start.
Here is the plan. (First Idea)
PS. 15" min radius.

Mike
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
 When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
 I wrote ‘happy’.
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
 -- John Lennon

fifer

• Crew
    • Fifer Hobby Supply
Re: New small pantry closet layout
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »
I have worked this AM on many of you guys thoughts and this is likely the end result. I have gone to all 18" radius and shortened the run around as well as removed the turntable. I really like this version.

PS the HH660 came yesterday and what fabulous sound it has. I plan to do a video on unpacking and testing before it gets painted.

Mike
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
 I wrote ‘happy’.
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
 -- John Lennon

fifer

• Crew
    • Fifer Hobby Supply
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
I got the room painted, electric moved and am ready to start bench work. Woo Whooo.

Mike
 I wrote ‘happy’.
 -- John Lennon

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:20 PM »
This reminds me of a N scale layout in MR a long while back. I think it was called the Surfside RR. It was inside a closet with a water heater. The whole layout was rather high and you ducked down into a center hole. Of course your closet looks much bigger.