Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
Author
Topic: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested (Read 3690 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
bbussey
Crew
Posts: 9384
Gender:
Respect:
+6189
Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
on:
July 16, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
0
All,
I've decided to start creating alternate pages on the ESM website more suited to mobile devices. However, I don't have a list of all the mobile UserAgents that exist. For those of you who have handheld devices - if you would browse to
http://www.esmc.com/misc/browser.html
and post the results here in this thread (along with the brand and model of your handheld device), it would help greatly in developing these pages. Also, if your device can display in both portrait and landscape, I would want the output from both orientations. Thanks.
Logged
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale
BN1970
Crew
Posts: 96
Respect:
+5
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #1 on:
July 16, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
0
iPad Verticle:
Date() = Sat Jul 16 2011 08:11:03 GMT-0700 (PDT)
window.innerwidth = 980
window.innerheight = 1169
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5
Horizontal:
window.innerwidth = 981
window.innerheight = 632
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5
Logged
Bremner
Crew
Posts: 450
Gender:
Respect:
+1
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #2 on:
July 16, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
0
Date() = Sat Jul 16 08:59:18 MST 2011
window.innerwidth = undefined
window.innerheight = undefined
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; BRI/1; .NET4.0C)
Logged
Dave Schneider
Crew
Posts: 2377
Respect:
+51
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #3 on:
July 16, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »
0
Date() = Sat Jul 16 2011 12:05:06 GMT-0500 (CDT)
window.innerwidth = 980
window.innerheight = 1091
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
IPhone 3G
Logged
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
tom mann
Administrator
Crew
Posts: 10921
Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
Respect:
+1017
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #4 on:
July 16, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
0
iPad
Sat Jul 16 2011 20:22:05 GMT-0400 (EDT)
window.innerwidth = 981
window.innerheight = 661
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J3 Safari/6533.18.5
Vert
Date() = Sat Jul 16 2011 20:24:09 GMT-0400 (EDT)
window.innerwidth = 980
window.innerheight = 1208
navigator.userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J3 Safari/6533.18.5
Logged
http://www.weatheringfactory.com
http://www.chicagoswitching.com
tom mann
Administrator
Crew
Posts: 10921
Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
Respect:
+1017
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #5 on:
July 17, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
0
If you are going to make some changes, consider Wordpress and this:
http://www.bravenewcode.com/store/plugins/wptouch-pro/
Logged
http://www.weatheringfactory.com
http://www.chicagoswitching.com
bbussey
Crew
Posts: 9384
Gender:
Respect:
+6189
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #6 on:
July 17, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
0
Interesting, I'll look into it.
In the mean time, I believe I have a default page working for all types of handhelds.
Logged
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale
SleeperN06
Guest
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #7 on:
July 17, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
0
Woo!
I thought maybe my computer was screwing up, but now I see this has something to do with cell phones. Well I guess I’ll step back out of here because I don’t know anything about cell phones.
;D
Logged
SleeperN06
Guest
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #8 on:
July 17, 2011, 10:48:10 AM »
0
Just out of curiosity I did a Google search on ESM and I got everything from “Electronic Surveillance Measures” to “European Sex Music”, but nothing about mobile phones. So what it this ESM?
Logged
bbussey
Crew
Posts: 9384
Gender:
Respect:
+6189
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #9 on:
July 17, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »
0
E
astern
S
eaboard
M
odels.
For those with devices that can read QR code, please let me know what landing page you get when you scan this and if your device is properly identified.
«
Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:36:41 PM by bbussey
»
Logged
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale
nickelplate759
Crew
Posts: 3845
Respect:
+1592
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #10 on:
July 17, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
0
Blackberry 9800 (Torch)
Vertical:
Date() = Sun Jul 17 2011 10:55:00 GMT-0700
window.innerwidth = 360
window.innerheight = 382
Mozilla/5.0
(BlackBerry: U: BlackBerry 9800: en-US)
navigator.userAgent = AppleWebKit/534.2+(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Savari/534.1+
Horizontal - all the same except:
window.innerwidth = 480
window.innerheight = 262
Logged
George
NKPH&TS #3628
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
nickelplate759
Crew
Posts: 3845
Respect:
+1592
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #11 on:
July 17, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
0
From the QR tag it took me to
http://mobile.esmc.com/md/
says "Mobile edition for Blackberry coming soon!"
Which is correct -it was a Blackberry 9800
«
Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:05:54 PM by nickelplate759
»
Logged
George
NKPH&TS #3628
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
dnhouston
Crew
Posts: 669
Gender:
Respect:
+831
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #12 on:
July 17, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »
0
QR tag took me to
http://mobile.esmc.com/md/
and properly identified my iPhone.
Logged
David Nation
http://www.djnrr.com
Sokramiketes
Crew
Posts: 5404
Better modeling through peer pressure...
Respect:
+2158
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #13 on:
July 17, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
0
I'm with Tom on this one.
Step 1: Get Wordpress.
Step 2: Profit!
Logged
Mike
www.modutrak.com
www.rpmconference.com
bbussey
Crew
Posts: 9384
Gender:
Respect:
+6189
Re: Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested
«
Reply #14 on:
July 18, 2011, 12:08:26 AM »
0
It appears to be only a $40 investment so it makes sense to go that route.
Logged
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Making esmc.com more mobile-friendly, assistance requested