Norseman, The Numberboards on SP diesels displayed the train numbers like on UP locos. I only own the early run PA's and E-8's with non lighted number boards so I decaled the train numbers on my boards on a black background. On one PA A Unit I used 99 the other 98 for North & South bound Daylights, same on my E-8's. On the new Kato UP E-9/8's the lighted boards have the locomotive number. This is wrong for representing 1955 the COLA train numbers 103 0r 104 should be used. By 1968 train numbers had been droped and loco numbers used,for Extra trains X and the loco number would be used,second sections etc. 2-103 etc.Used. SP used train numbers on passengers right up to Amtrak era so Kato's SP locos would also be wrong unless Kato provides train numbers to add to the number boards. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake,Utah.