Author Topic: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line  (Read 4766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
0
Just posted a few minutes ago on MTL's Facebook wall.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
0
Could be a win-win if they go body mounts. That way they can still have 100T trucks. Could suck if they re-release cars with MTL truck mounted roller bearing trucks cuz MTL does not have a true 100T truck (yet)


bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
0
It's probably in regard to new tooling.  The last PS hopper released has body-mounted couplers, and there were whispers earlier this year that the truck-mounted models eventually will have their tools modified.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
0
I wonder if it is a supply issue.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
0
I wonder if Exactrail is starting to cut into Athearns bottom line so the sister company, McHenry cut them off.
Tony Hines

ednadolski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5079
  • Respect: +2096
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
0
So now will we be able to refer to ExactRail cars as "ExactPogo"?   ::)

Ed

GaryHinshaw

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6765
  • Respect: +2639
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
0
I'm glad to see they're still paying attention to N.  Call me nutty, but one of the neatest products I saw announced in Sacramento last week was Exactrail's HO irrigation line:

http://www.pbase.com/tracktime/image/136210223

I'd love to see that in N  ::) (but not holding my breath).

-gfh

esa123

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 109
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: 0
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
0
I agree with Ed, Pogo time - not a big fan of this change :-[

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
0
I wonder if Exactrail is starting to cut into Athearns bottom line so the sister company, McHenry cut them off.

I doubt that..

After exchanging e-mails with ER I recieve nothing promising other then "we have exciting new N Scale products planned" and watch our blog..Since I was told that back in 2010 and again in January and again in June I took that as nothing more then a ear tickling reply since this is July and there hasn't any new N Scale releases or announcements not even the 64' Trinity Reefer they advertised in both N Scale magazines in 2010...
Larry

Summerset Ry.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »
0
I doubt that..

After exchanging e-mails with ER I recieve nothing promising other then "we have exciting new N Scale products planned" and watch our blog..Since I was told that back in 2010 and again in January and again in June I took that as nothing more then a ear tickling reply since this is July and there hasn't any new N Scale releases or announcements not even the 64' Trinity Reefer they advertised in both N Scale magazines in 2010...

Larry,
 You missed the point on that one. It was relating to couplers only. Athearn (Horizon) loosing sales to Exactrail. McHenry (Horizon) supplies couplers to Exactrail. Horizon says, let's quit helping our competitor.
Tony Hines

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11612
    • Conrail 1285
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:14 PM »
0
I agree with Ed, Pogo time - not a big fan of this change :-[

Great...


Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »
0
Larry,
 You missed the point on that one. It was relating to couplers only. Athearn (Horizon) loosing sales to Exactrail. McHenry (Horizon) supplies couplers to Exactrail. Horizon says, let's quit helping our competitor.

D'OH! Sorry about that.. :-[
Larry

Summerset Ry.

sundowner

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1266
  • Respect: +148
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:28 PM »
0
Exactrail does N-scale? i though they are becoming like Wally, tease us a little bit then forget about us for a while.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
0
After exchanging e-mails with ER ... <snip> ...  this is July and there hasn't any new N Scale releases or announcements not even the 64' Trinity Reefer they advertised in both N Scale magazines in 2010...

Larry, are you forgetting about the 4427 released early this year?   A HUGE announcement, release, and a really nice model.  Only one run so far, but I expect that will change soon.  EDIT: Forgot they just announced another run not too long back!  Those spine cars caused me some temporary insanity and short-term memory loss I guess.  ;-)

I guess I don't care about them using MTL couplers versus McHenry.   As long as they stay away from Accumates, I'm good.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:33:40 PM by Denver Road Doug »
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Brakie

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 637
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4
Re: ExactRail switching to MTL couplers on N scale line
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:48:05 AM »
0
Doug,One car doesn't fit "exciting  N Scale releases" nor does it match the "we are planing a aggressive  N Scale line" when I sent them a e-mail after buying 3 sets of the Trinity 5161  complimenting them on those cars when they was released....16 HO cars vs.8  N Scale cars isn't exactly what I call "aggressive".I just wish they would do more N since I  really like their cars.

I agree the 4427 is a mighty fine car I have 4 of the ADMs.I  really like their cars.
I even have several of their HO waffle boxcar and sadly I don't think we see that car in N from ExactRail from the indication I got on their facebook blog.I am hoping they reconsider and do the waffle in  N.I'll be good for several Southern,some NS and the short line cars.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:49:51 AM by Brakie »
Larry

Summerset Ry.