Author Topic: Prototype N Scale Models announces FVM Wagontop ltd run 3pk, August delivery  (Read 4704 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
The Bluford car I did was 50 cars per number, but it's a more specialized deal, being a "home road" with a more narrow appeal.

I wish I had the bones, I'd be in for a set!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
From what I 'know'...which isn't much.

The two cars with the "Circle T" would be assigned to the Time Saver Freight which was a high speed dedicated LCL freight which operated between New York and Chicago and E. St Louis.  This was the B&O's way to offer a guaranteed two day delivery from New York to the mid-west.  If you go based on that, anyone modeling the Northeast, Southwest or anything west of the Mississippi River, could probably save their $$$ and pass.  Unless you model somewhere near the B&O main, a Time Saver car might be way down on the list of cars needed from a prototypical standpoint.

There's also a possible issue of the paint schemes.  I 'think' the "Time Saver" paint scheme wasn't too far behind the start of the service so this could be a real narrow window with just the circle 'T"s.

Any B&O guys here?


Jason

Jason-

While I love your prototype zeal, it's difficult to listen to someone who advocates for more prototypical models then poo-poo the ultra prototype models because they cover a limited window of suitability.  It's a little like advocating for proper repack dates on freight cars and then letting everyone know that the car is now only good for an 18 month window in time. 

In otherwords, just be happy someone is doing it right!  :D

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler

While I love your prototype zeal, it's difficult to listen to someone who advocates for more prototypical models then poo-poo the ultra prototype models because they cover a limited window of suitability.

Except, I don't advocated for decorated models.

The point was that due to the nature of the set, I think a run of 50 is a good number.   

Jason

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
UPDATE on the TimeSaver stencil - according to some B&O aficionados on the STMFC newsgroup, the (T) stencil meant the cars were certified to be used in TimeSaver service, not that they were being used in TimeSaver service.  There were many more cars certified (as being suitable for LCL or clean-lading loads) that what actually were used.  So it is prototypical for a (T) stenciled Wagontop to be off-road.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale