Author Topic: New cars from Rapido.......  (Read 3533 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: New cars from Rapido.......
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
0
Hmmm, I have an IM diner on order already, all my painted NP cars are Rapido, except for the WOT baggage cars.  Do I go for the Cafe-Bar car and the diner on the same train????  Diner in the middle and Cafe right next to it, or Cafe at the end of the train until a NP obs car becomes available?  I don't think I will go with the sleeper, at least in NP as I already have several sleepers and Kato Slumber coaches.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5404
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: New cars from Rapido.......
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »
0
Hmmm, I have an IM diner on order already, all my painted NP cars are Rapido, except for the WOT baggage cars.  Do I go for the Cafe-Bar car and the diner on the same train????  Diner in the middle and Cafe right next to it, or Cafe at the end of the train until a NP obs car becomes available?  I don't think I will go with the sleeper, at least in NP as I already have several sleepers and Kato Slumber coaches.

Many railroads ran a cafe-lounge for the coach passengers in addition to the a full service diner for the sleeping car passengers.  The cafe offered cheaper meals for those traveling coach.

You can run it up front with the coaches, either mixed in or right in front of the diner. 

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: New cars from Rapido.......
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »
0
Many railroads ran a cafe-lounge for the coach passengers in addition to the a full service diner for the sleeping car passengers.  The cafe offered cheaper meals for those traveling coach.

You can run it up front with the coaches, either mixed in or right in front of the diner. 

That's what I will do on the Super Connie, Mike; run it in the lead position after the coaches. was done on longer, busier summer trains.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3530
  • Respect: +391
Re: New cars from Rapido.......
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
0
Many railroads ran a cafe-lounge for the coach passengers in addition to the a full service diner for the sleeping car passengers.  The cafe offered cheaper meals for those traveling coach.

You can run it up front with the coaches, either mixed in or right in front of the diner. 

I am not sure where the emotcon came from....I will most likely go with the cafe and put it ahead of the diner to serve the coaches, I like the suggestion!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr