Author Topic: Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 80's  (Read 888 times)

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 80's
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »
The recent post by Joe at MTL brought to mind something I've been wanting to do for a while now.  The MFCL freight car group on Yahoo did a survey several years ago about which freight cars were most needed/wanted.  Now, this is a mostly HO group so it won't map exactly but I thought this would be a good place to start for building a similar list in N.  Obviously some of these cars already exist in N or are on the way.  Anyway...DISCUSS!

NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +445
Re: Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 80's
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
I'll get in before the voting for boxcar types starts.  Aren't all boxcars the same anyway?  8)

If I had my way, I'd like to see a modern ore car.  I don't really care what manufacturer, but there is nothing out there other than the old type that Atlas sells.  I'm not aware of a more modern version made by any manufacturer.

I could not find a picture of the specifc BN car in this list, but a generic car for a common prototype would be great.  JIMO!

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »
          We're talking 1880's right? A good wood sided coal gondola and a nice ventelated box car."1980's!"My bad. How about a detailed version of the ever present PC Evans Box Car.                     Nate Goodman (Nato).

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:59:54 PM »
I'll get in before the voting for boxcar types starts.  Aren't all boxcars the same anyway?  8)

OK, where's the tar and feathers?  ;)