Author Topic: Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 70's  (Read 1202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Denver Road Doug

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2120
  • Respect: +29
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 70's
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
0
The recent post by Joe at MTL brought to mind something I've been wanting to do for a while now.  The MFCL freight car group on Yahoo did a survey several years ago about which freight cars were most needed/wanted.  Now, this is a mostly HO group so it won't map exactly but I thought this would be a good place to start for building a similar list in N.  Obviously some of these cars already exist in N or are on the way.  Anyway...DISCUSS!

NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Nato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2302
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +162
Re: Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 70's
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:34:08 PM »
0
          The 1870's .How about nicely detailed models of those truss rod flat cars maybe 36' with the two wooden (look like wash tubs) on them for water service. Oh my bad again,the 1970"s .That was during my Hippy Period and I was doing alot of stuff and was not paying attention to specific freight cars. "Now wait just a gosh darn minute.""Do you really want to admit that?"Ok then how about 70's era gon's.         Nate Goodman (Nato).

unittrain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1492
  • Respect: +148
Re: Most Wanted Freight Cars in N-Scale - The 70's
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
0
Here is where we badly need open top autoracks there are some similar flat cars that could possibly be used as a basis such as the F89-J and the MTL 89 foot cars. But these would produce tons of schemes and you could also use the rack in various ways to reproduce the different types of cars such as open autoracks , aluminum panel sides and mesh sides (I believe someone scratch built one of these in Santa Fe that I had seen online).