Author Topic: Weekend Update 4/17/11  (Read 7274 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Weekend Update 4/17/11
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
0
Drags are on again so again I am starting earlier . Other than picking things up and putting things down , what's up Doc .


Richie Dost

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:43:27 PM »
0
Progress on UP 105
 
 

 








Richie Dost

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »
0
Souvenir shot at CP Ed on Eric's NKP last night...


K2 204 filled in as the switcher at Tucker, and handled the job admirably for a 40 year old mechanism!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

SecretWeapon

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 437
  • Respect: +41
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
0
Mike

mark dance

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1280
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
0
More progress towards implementing Dispatcher-controlled train order signals and semaphores on the Columbia and Western.  Everything has been prototyped and tested now and all seems to work ok.  I am in the process of running the 5V and 15V supply lines to all the Digitrax DS64s scattered around the layout and fabricating the micro-relay circuits which will take the output from the DS64s and drive the fascia-mounted LEDs (and TO semaphores one day).



md
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:17:50 PM by mark dance »
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
0
Gotta ask Lee, whos that GG1 belong to and what's it doing there?

sixpakpop

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 150
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +13
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »
0
Lee, I am liking that "signal bridge". Heck, gonna make signaling my layout REAL cheap!
OOO
OOO <~~~the SixPak sig~~

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
0
I started a company.
 

Packer

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 742
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »
0
Went to the local mini-trainshow.

Picked up a few cars, and a bunch of detail parts. Might mess with something later. There were absolutely 0 of the cabooses I was looking for.
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »
0
I started a company.
 


The logo's too big... ;D
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »
0
Good luck David .



Richie Dost

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »
0
Good luck David but it does sound like it rhymes with nazi.

Zox

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1120
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 08:07:39 PM »
0
David, I'll be looking forward to your new venture! Just make sure it doesn't detract from your work on the Z-scale G&D... :)

As for me, this is actually from last weekend, but my picture from the train show didn't come out so I had to re-shoot it. I finally got the northwest retaining wall for my bridge module completed (though just sitting in place, not permanent yet):





And yes, I know I still need to add the drainage pipes. :)

When I'm not recovering from a nasty stomach bug, I'll find one of my old bridge threads and add the details.
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

seusscaboose

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2100
  • Respect: +220
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 08:40:06 PM »
0
Had fun watching a GS being pushed into local action


"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6037
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: Weekend Update 4/17/11
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »
0
Had fun watching a GS being pushed into local action




Dave and his wild imagination...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.