I have heard some interesting stories about doing business in China.
A friend worked for Halitburton, who had set up a partnership with a Chinese company to make drill bits for their market. All seemed to be going well. Then, Haliburton went after a contract in Brazil and walked out of their presentation to see their chinese partners ready to walk in to compete with them.
Not that some wouldn't say Haliburton has some ethics problems, as well, but I know Chinese have a different cultural view of business than we do, and its very cut throat in many cases. And yet, its still apparently less hassle than setting up your own factory here in the US, where you have to deal with EPA, unions, etc.
Not trying to stir up the whole buy USA topic. Just expressing sympathy to Dave for the problems he mentions in getting his tooling out of the old factory, etc. I wish him well, since its a great product for us. Always interesting when the mfgs share some of their behind the scenes stories.