Author Topic: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up  (Read 7321 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

James Costello

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1956
  • Respect: +535
Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:18:37 AM »
0
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
0
Nice.  I like the trucks... I wonder how they work?
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

bobcat

  • Guest
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
0
Knowing Kato, they will roll great and everyone will want to see if these will work with the Bachmann Amfleets. If so, a frenzy will insue to get these from Kato parts dept., where of course they will be out of in a matter of hours. :P

noblerot

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 72
  • Gender: Male
  • Southern Tier in N scale, NYSW Conrail LASB NJT
  • Respect: 0
    • Picassa Albums
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
0
Ditto on the trucks. I've been checking parts daily but with my luck they'll be posted as soon as I get distracted for a day or two. Although they are not prototypical I need some for some Island MW Comet II's I've been working on.
Alan Jannone
Shohola PA

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
0
Nice.  I like the trucks... I wonder how they work?

I wonder how they will pivot with the damper hanging down beside them. Looks very restrictive.

For the guys that want these for kitbashing, pray they don't use the new clip on trucks on recent releases.
Tony Hines

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
0
Just to maintain my local reputation as the "Anti Kato" guy, I wonder when the first person will comment on the "hunks of plastic" they used for drop steps...hasn't Kato heard of wire steps like some other passenger car mfg's.....? ;) ;D

Cars look very nice; no use to me but I'm really pleased for my U.S. modern passenger friends out there....

Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

up1950s

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9966
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2885
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:53:23 PM by up1950s »


Richie Dost

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26112
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11609
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
0
Those definitely look great. I really wish Kato wises up with their packaging on these on future runs (and includes an AEM7).

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12346
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8590
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
0
Bring on the individually available Phase III Amtoobs, please!

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6189
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »
0
Hopefully all the Amfleet car parts will be released so that individual cars can be assembled.  Knowing Kato, single cars aren't on the future production schedule.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Chulvis

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3437
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »
0
Hopefully all the Amfleet car parts will be released so that individual cars can be assembled.  Knowing Kato, single cars aren't on the future production schedule.

Or if they do it will be:

  • The car no one wants
  • The one car everyone wants but they'll only make 150 of them, thus once again pissing us all off.

Puddington

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3874
  • Gender: Male
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +247
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
0
Or if they do it will be:

  • The car no one wants
  • The one car everyone wants but they'll only make 150 of them, thus once again pissing us all off.

"Kato"... where customer service comes right after ...everything".......

Oh I know; Mr. Anti Kato....." LOL
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 04:43:48 PM »
0
I just had a minor issue with a direct order and they provided excellent customer service by both phone and email.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
0
Since these aren't really on my radar, I haven't paid that much attention... these aren't being offered individually?
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Kato Amfleet - Photos are up
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »
0
It's Kah too.