Author Topic: Hey Joe, No new heavyweights announced @ ihobby?  (Read 1236 times)

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +89
Hey Joe, No new heavyweights announced @ ihobby?
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:07:41 AM »
I was hoping we might get a peak at the next 4 cars.  I have already bought too many of the first 4 so I am ready to blow it up again on the next 4! 

On a second thought any possibility for new CB&Q freight cars in the pipeline?
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Dave V

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +3318
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
Re: Hey Joe, No new heavyweights announced @ ihobby?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
I'm not even all that anxious for new body styles.  I just want to see a few Pullmans in Tuscan.
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
I believe that it has been stated here and elsewhere that no more cars will be announced until after the New Year.  I, too, am anxious to hear about them but can wait to see what they have decided on... with a hope that a single windowed coach will be a part of the offering.

From what I am seeing in ads (specifically Lowell Smith's announced American Freedom Train we apparently can expect the arrival of the observation car (what ever that might actually be) in May and I would expect that the same will be the case of the other cars... probably being announced in the Spring.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +89
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 11:07:18 AM »
I would bet those (Pensy cars) would be a sure fire success!!  I am looking for coaches and diners in Pullman green myself!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
As far as tuscan red MT cars go consider digging the dirt... get together a list of the car names appropriate for the PRR for each kind of car already released and photos of the era that you are interested in (pre-PRR tuscan red which had no stripes just a tuscan red carbody and black roof or the post-Pullman tuscan red with all the striping and PRR lettering).  This might help them to get the cars released in Tuscan red but I suspect that if the striped scheme it will mean that the cars will cost a bit more due to the extra artwork involved.

Here is an example of a Pullman car in the pre-PRR tuscan red paint, the car recently restored though I do not know where it went after the shot was taken.

Heck... I should have thought about this already...

As far as finding the names go for the three cars already released all you would have to do is to go to my website... I have all the names listed for each type, including the paint that the cars carried after they were air conditioned...

http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3410.htm
http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3416.htm
http://passcarphotos.info/Varnish/Pullman_3585.htm

Dave V

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +3318
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:26:41 AM »
I would certainly be interested in the post-1948 PRR schemes, but could do a pre-PRR car or two also.  In fact, a mix of P70s without sill stripes with some pre-PRR pullmans would look very nice behind my brass K4, once said K4 is running properly.  I have a Hell Gate B60b just begging to lead some MTL Tuscan Pullmans.
Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +996
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
They probably will have new bodystyle samples at the Springfield MA show in January.  We know an observation is among that group due to the Lowell Smith "Freedom Train" consist announcement.

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +484
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »
Bry will you have a table in Springfield?
You've crossed the walls, excelled
Further along through their hell
All for my heart, I watch you kill
You always have, you always will
Now spread your wings and sail out to me

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +996
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:44 AM »
No, but I will be there on Saturday most of the day walking the floor.  The trip for me is an opportunity to touch base with various manufacturers and distributors I conduct business with, as well as the NH, PC and CR historical societies.  I might have pilot samples of the third and fourth XIH releases but that isn't in stone.

Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net