Author Topic: Bluford's September Announcements  (Read 3542 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bluford Craig

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 359
  • Respect: +157
Bluford's September Announcements
« on: September 17, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »
0
Hi Guys,

The September announcements are now posted:
www.bluford-shops.com

By the way, if you want to receive our email newsletters and don't already, drop me an email at BlufordShops@aol.com and I'll add your address to the list.

Craig
Bluford Shops LLC

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:55:54 PM »
0
PC looks good.  It will go well in the CR unit trains.

Still waiting for B&A on the offsets though.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
0
PC and B&O Hoppers look interesting!

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »
0
Patience has been rewarded with the B&O "13 States" cars. Now I need to start saving my lunch money. Looks like about 9 months to save up for 10 cars, I think I can handle setting aside $20 a month.
Tony Hines

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
0
I like the CN 86' cars.

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
0
For anyone who cares, here are my notes on the CGW cars.

The CGW had two series of hoppers that 'match' the Bluford cars. 

69000-69099  Pullman  BLT-1944  40'-8" il  2778 cf
6000-6099  ACF BLT-1957 40'8" il  2773 cf

In the 1960's, 68 cars from the 69000 series were sold to the Chicago Freight Car Company and leased back in the 6700 number series (6701-6768).  AFAIK, these cars no longer carried the 'letterboard' lettering.

By 1964 there were 10 cars left in original lettering from the 69000 series and by 1967, only one car remained.  I made a note of car number 69087 reported in 1965.  I requested that as the single car number but we'll see.

The 6000-6099 series retained 92 cars through 1967 and even saw some CNW Ball and Bars.

I would have liked the later 6900 series, or even the 6700 leased cars, but can't blame Craig for going with what would seem to be the most appealing scheme.  I even tried to survey the CGW yahoo group, but got nothing but crickets.

Thanks for the cars Craig.

Jason

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12262
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11714
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
0
I think I may actually be tapped out...!  Of the 14-panel cars alone, I have 2 CR, 2 EL, and 1 Laurel Valley on pre-order.

ai5629

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Respect: +247
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:55:23 AM »
0
I will be in for all those Penn Central H37G's.  Thank you for producing them Craig.  It is a great time to be a Penn Central / Conrail modeler.
Jeff Lopez

MichaelWinicki

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2096
  • Respect: +335
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 08:23:48 AM »
0
PC and B&O Hoppers look interesting!

I'll be partaking in both...

MichaelWinicki

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2096
  • Respect: +335
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 09:41:01 AM »
0
It is a great time to be a Penn Central / Conrail modeler.

It really is for us PC modelers.  Between these hoppers and the new gons that are coming... And then recently we've had another caboose from MT and the 86' autoboxes.

Plus a new passenger set from Kato and the E8.  Soon the PC GP35's will be landing. 

Gosh, give me a PC switcher along with a PC SD45, SD40 and a 6 axle U-boat and I'd be in 7th heaven.

Bluford Craig

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 359
  • Respect: +157
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
0
For anyone who cares, here are my notes on the CGW cars...

I would have liked the later 6900 series, or even the 6700 leased cars, but can't blame Craig for going with what would seem to be the most appealing scheme.  I even tried to survey the CGW yahoo group, but got nothing but crickets.

Thanks for the cars Craig.

Jason

Thanks Jason, I still have your notes. We did get quite a bit of email regarding CGW hoppers and the earlier version with the full name had a narrow lead. I'm sure we will pick up the 6900 class down the road.

Craig
www.bluford-shops.com

Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »
0
PC looks good.  It will go well in the CR unit trains.

Still waiting for B&A on the offsets though.

B&A on the 14 panel would be nice too!
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
0
The 14-panel B&A is out of my eras, but definitely would be a good choice.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


Ian MacMillan

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12034
  • Gender: Male
  • Learn to use the god damn search feature!
  • Respect: +167
    • Conrail's Amoskeag Northern Division
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
0
The 14-panel B&A is out of my eras, but definitely would be a good choice.

I'd go for a few. I used to see them all the time on the MOW track in Chester, MA, and in the Bow, NH coal trains. I think the Chester Depot may even have one now.
I WANNA SEE THE BOAT MOVIE!

Yes... I'm in N... Also HO and 1:1

Sokramiketes

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5403
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +2158
    • Modutrak
Re: Bluford's September Announcements
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »
0
Those CGW hoppers are going to look good behind Intermountain FP-7's and passenger cars!