Author Topic: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid  (Read 17845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »
0
but i'm not, i'm modeling WM in the Connellsville area.

[Slapping forehead] Thank Gosh!
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Bruce Bird

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 187
  • Respect: +3
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 11:55:55 AM »
0
Actually, since the modern WM and most of the WP were created by Gould's dream of a transcon, why not model both?  You could have a session running trains on the WM and then have a session running the same trains on the WP.  Leave the tracks the same and just have interchangeable scenery.

I see possibilities......

Bruce

ArtinCA

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 246
  • Gender: Male
  • Get over it, they're not going to make that!
  • Respect: +1
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »
0
Okay, I gotta ask...

Was there a Waffle House in Connellsville?
Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/

hnipper

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 71
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +10
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »
0
There are two in Washington PA - a mere 45 miles away. Don't know if they do carryout.

Henry
Way out here in Uncle Pete's land.....

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
0

I see possibilities......


i see too much acid in the 60's, man.

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2010, 09:24:47 PM »
0
Okay, I gotta ask...

Was there a Waffle House in Connellsville?

not in 1967!

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12252
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11700
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »
0
Steve,

You want a challenge?  I've thought more than once about doing the Colorado Midland circa 1905, from Leadville to Aspen by way if Hagermann Pass, Hell Gate, and Basalt.  In N scale.  There was a surprising amount of traffic on the line then, to include passenger trains.  It wasn't until the USRA re-routed traffic off the line in 1917 or so that the rails grew quiet.  I would love to see someone do it in N.

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2010, 05:18:27 PM »
0
I thought Steve's challenge was finishing a layout?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »
0
I thought Steve's challenge was finishing a layout?

any layout :)

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »
0
I thought Steve's challenge was finishing a layout?

i have finished about 14 layouts over the years. 

John

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 14006
  • Respect: +4180
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »
0
I thought Steve's challenge was finishing a layout?

i have finished about 14 layouts over the years. 

counting your ntrak module?

sizemore

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2780
  • Respect: +145
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »
0
I thought Steve's challenge was finishing a layout?

i have finished about 14 layouts over the years. 

Imaginary dont count.

;D
The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
0
Steve,

I don't know your extended history nor do I care to, but in the years I've been on Railwire you've proposed numerous layouts and even broken ground on a few but none have come to fruition. Perhaps you should consider a different decision making or communication strategy? Maybe allow yourself time to make a decision and let it stick before you go winging it out into the clouds, or present a layout in photos in a more complete state than we have seen so far because, at this point, you're the boy who cried wolf. But don't feel bad, I think I'm chicken little.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
0
counting your ntrak module?

my history in model railroading pre-dates my involvement in N scale and this forum.  i stopped work on the Ntrak module because i am no longer a member of an Ntrak club.

asciibaron

  • Guest
Re: the Western Maryland Flavor-Aid
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:54 AM »
0
Maybe allow yourself time to make a decision and let it stick before you go winging it out into the clouds, or present a layout in photos in a more complete state than we have seen so far because, at this point, you're the boy who cried wolf. But don't feel bad, I think I'm chicken little.

part of the fun of the hobby for me includes researching and developing plans - why aren't you telling Bernie to build one of the layouts in his book - seriously - he researched and planned out those layouts and hasn't built one - what a l0z3r.   ::)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:57:18 AM by asciibaron »