Author Topic: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s  (Read 7640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
0
re: lowside - ok thanks!

It sounds like it's going to be a nice model, whether it's made in enough numbers or not will remain to be seen!

ArtinCA

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 246
  • Gender: Male
  • Get over it, they're not going to make that!
  • Respect: +1
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 05:16:58 PM »
0
Low side, but not a 4427... As far as I remember, the Walthers car was it for these.. And most of Pullman's mid sized grain cars (4400, 4427, 4740 and 4750)  had trough hatches. I wonder how much work would be involved to modify the BLMA car???

I'm with OakCreekCo, runner packs!

Art
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:28:03 PM by ArtinCA »
Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
0
The Walthers car was/is a Pullman PS-2CD 4427 with low sides and a high brakewheel.


Jason

JoeD

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1938
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1389
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »
0
Right now I figure the pricing should be on par with the rest of our cars...  but that will depend on the paint scheme of course.  We do now stock all of our cars undecorated...so if you like something you could decal them yourself...micro scale has a bunch of markings to choose from.  I agree with doing lease units more and am pushing that on the cars we currently have in the "consideration" bin.  And,if you've been paying attention, most months we have two road numbers followed up by runner packs.  This car is a natural for wider release.

More to follow

Cheers

Joe


Personally, I feel it is unfortunate that it's MT that is releasing this car.  I'm sure the car will be nice, but they'll release one number per road separated by about three years between a second number for the same road.  Additionally, they will probably cost in the neighborhood of $30 a copy.
in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 05:51:07 PM »
0
Quote
I agree with doing lease units more and am pushing that on the cars we currently have in the "consideration" bin.  And,if you've been paying attention, most months we have two road numbers followed up by runner packs.  This car is a natural for wider release.

Count me among the loyal customers for this car. ;D ;D ;D ;D. Come to think of it, I haven't missed on any of the Evan's car either.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 06:13:19 PM »
0
If you consider the depth of body styles that MTL has, the fact that they are listening to the proto crowd, and this release really seems to indicate that, this release is very significant. Though doubtful they'd upgrade existing body styles, one might expect future product development would continue with the new features. We should buy the a$$ off these cars to encourage them  ;)

That said, MTL needs to do an LPG tanker that would have been around in the 1980's.

Or these (I can dream)...
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=13287
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=28514
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=16463

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »
0
Still wondering who in the world is going to do the low side version of the 4427. The Walthers cars aren't dream babies by any stretch of the imagination yet they are a decent stand in until we get a BLMA or ExactRail detail-level car. BUT the Walthers cars are becoming increasingly hard to find at the shows. At least now I have access to a replacement roofwalk for the dozen or so Walthers cars I have, when MT releases the parts.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8945
  • Respect: +1381
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
0
Still wondering who in the world is going to do the low side version of the 4427. The Walthers cars aren't dream babies by any stretch of the imagination yet they are a decent stand in until we get a BLMA or ExactRail detail-level car. BUT the Walthers cars are becoming increasingly hard to find at the shows. At least now I have access to a replacement roofwalk for the dozen or so Walthers cars I have, when MT releases the parts.


JnJ sells an etched walk.



And Gates.




Jason

ArtinCA

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 246
  • Gender: Male
  • Get over it, they're not going to make that!
  • Respect: +1
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
0
Roofwalk's not a problem... Hatches are a problem. But, maybe some kitbashed ones from IM?? Hmmm..
Art in Iowa
Modeling in N scale
Go full foobie or go home!!
http://adventuresinmodeling.blogspot.com/

BCR 570

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2470
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +5015
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
0
I have occasionally wondered why this specific prototype has not been done.  They are outside my era, but BC Rail had these.  I believe that they may have been ex-DRGW cars.

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

2-8-8-0

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »
0
Oh, nice! Bit new for my usual tastes, but Ill probably pick up a few anyway. Really a good sign for MT to do this job on this car, now make meh some OS twins with notched arch ends and body mounted couplers plz thx!

 ;D

sirenwerks

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6035
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +510
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »
0
I have occasionally wondered why this specific prototype has not been done.  They are outside my era, but BC Rail had these.  I believe that they may have been ex-DRGW cars.

Tim

Hi and low side 4427s are still rolling on the rails and there are soooo many paint schemes a manufacturer could do, at least for low sides. I'm surprised MT would do the less popular hi-sides.

Actually, if MT wants to do less popular rolling stock, how about the late-50s General American Dry-Flo car?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:18:24 PM by sirenwerks »
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

2-8-8-0

  • Guest
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
0
I have occasionally wondered why this specific prototype has not been done.  They are outside my era, but BC Rail had these.  I believe that they may have been ex-DRGW cars.

Tim

Hi and low side 4427s are still rolling on the rails and there are soooo many paint schemes a manufacturer could do, at least for low sides. I'm surprised MT would do the less popular hi-sides.

Actually, if MT wants to do less popular rolling stock, how about the late-50s General American Dry-Flo car?

They did do C&O hopper car 100-114, a class of FIVE cars C&O built in the late 1930s to experiment with aluminum cars....

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
0
Quote
Hi and low side 4427s are still rolling on the rails and there are soooo many paint schemes a manufacturer could do, at least for low sides. I'm surprised MT would do the less popular hi-sides.

I thought the hi-sides were more popular by a few thousand cars.

chessie system fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1511
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1362
Re: More from Chuck: MTL PS2s
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
0
According to the March "95 MM, ~10,500 low to ~13,000 high.
Aaron Bearden