Author Topic: Athearn June Announcements  (Read 3593 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Athearn June Announcements
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
0
No new tooling for the N scale convention but that doesn't mean they won't show any sneak peaks.

No artwork yet but probably tomorrow morning.

3 Window Wood Caboose
SF
CPR
Colorado Midland
CV

GATC 2600 Airslide Covered Hopper
Undec (early)
Chessie C&O
D&H
Jack Frost
SOU

F59PHI with and w/o Sound and DCC
Amtrak West
Amtrak OLS
CalTrain
MetroLink

50' Ice Reefer
SF Ship and Travel in the following schemes
Chief
Super Chief
Grand Canyon
Large Logo

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:05:08 PM »
0
I've been wondering what the next Athearn loco would be ... maybe they'll do something later this year


Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12269
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11742
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »
0
If it's big sound-equipped steam, I'm not sure what all is left.  After all, it seems to have a UP bent.

Bob Bufkin

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6397
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +44
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
0
Could also use AT&SF ice reefers.

ljudice

  • Guest
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:25 PM »
0
Happy enough with those LPG tanks coming!!!

asarge

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1675
  • Respect: +24
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
0
I'd be in for the Airlides if it was C&O and not Chessie. Maybe a Jack Frost.

I wouldnl.t be surprised if they show up at the N scale convention or the NTS with something new to show and tell, even if they are not ready with part numbers and pricing. Haven't heard hide nor hare about the FEF in N. The HO version did not sell as well as they expected so they may be gunshy. The F45's have done reasonably well, but who knows.

Maybe we will finally find out about the -2 project this weekend.......

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »
0
If it's big sound-equipped steam, I'm not sure what all is left.  After all, it seems to have a UP bent.

Steamwise I'd put money on more UPcentric.

I was wondering about diesels though, they seem to finally "get it" with the F45/FP45s.


SirTainly

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +93
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
0
I'd bet on the next loco being UP's 844.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »
0
If it's big sound-equipped steam, I'm not sure what all is left.  After all, it seems to have a UP bent.

Steamwise I'd put money on more UPcentric.

I was wondering about diesels though, they seem to finally "get it" with the F45/FP45s.

Mebbie it's the -2 project?  ??? -->  :P

Mark5

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11877
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +942
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »
0
Lol Mike! ;D


SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:26 AM »
0
I just had a customer asking the other day about the ATSF ice reefers and when they would be back. I'll have to look him up and let him know.

The Amtrak West F59's are going to be popular. I know quite a few people looking on Ebay for the original releases.

Other stuff.....ehh.
Tony Hines

H Lee

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 149
  • Respect: +2
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 05:08:16 PM »
0
I just had a customer asking the other day about the ATSF ice reefers and when they would be back. I'll have to look him up and let him know.

These are not re-runs they are Santa Fe 50' STEEL reefers with 'new tooling' according to the following pdf - but it could be wrong since it doesn't say how/if they are different than the existing one. Existing PN's 11XXX the announcement PN's 23XXX?????

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/062210/17_N_50_Ice_Reefer_062210.pdf

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:37:53 AM by H Lee »

Dave Schneider

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2377
  • Respect: +51
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
0
I got two Airslides, new in box off eBay last week for $6.00 each. These are really nice cars!

Best wishes, Dave
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
0
I just had a customer asking the other day about the ATSF ice reefers and when they would be back. I'll have to look him up and let him know.

These are not re-runs they are Santa Fe 50' STEEL reefers

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/062210/17_N_50_Ice_Reefer_062210.pdf



Yea they are..... I'm not sure what the new tooling is about but they sure look to be the same cars as the first release and the subsequent weathered release. Just new paint schemes.

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH11564
Tony Hines

wazzou

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6812
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1736
Re: Athearn June Announcements
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »
0
The Northern Pacific Rwy Historical Association has a special run that will be available at the Annual Convention in Spokane in July.

They are both versions of the GATC airslides, older and newer, one number per each with a decal in the works for multiple number possibilities.
These will be available in the NPRHA company store on the interwebs post convention.
These are very nice cars and I have worked extensively with Athearn on lettering and paint to insure accuracy.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA