Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Help
Login
Register
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
Author
Topic: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010 (Read 4972 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
up1950s
Crew
Posts: 9966
Gender:
Respect:
+2885
Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
on:
June 20, 2010, 05:55:45 AM »
0
Happy Fathers Day should it may apply to you . What have you got to show us this last week of Spring ?
Logged
Richie Dost
up1950s
Crew
Posts: 9966
Gender:
Respect:
+2885
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #1 on:
June 20, 2010, 05:56:42 AM »
0
Logged
Richie Dost
John
Administrator
Crew
Posts: 14006
Respect:
+4180
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #2 on:
June 20, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »
0
I finally had a chance to rough in some scenery in an area I have been wanting to get to for a while. I like bridges, so I picked up a Walthers double track a few years back, which of course meant I had to find a place for it
..
When I worked on the last rebuild, I put in the bridge and track, but not the stream bed. So what I basically had was a bridge and a big hole to the floor ..
Since the area is only 12 inches wide at this point, I stole a couple of ideas from Koester's book .. the river / stream was poured with soupy plaster, then pained while wet with a chocolate brown cream coat mixed in with some black. The stream will get a top cover of ModPodge Matte this week, and all the other junk you find around a river ..
Test fit the bridge back in to get an idea of how it will look ...
Logged
wm3798
Crew
Posts: 16564
Gender:
I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
Respect:
+7455
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #3 on:
June 20, 2010, 08:24:06 AM »
0
Got the staging loop built, next step is cleaning up the room... it's getting ridiculous up there.
Lee
Logged
Rockin' It Old School
Lee Weldon
www.wmrywesternlines.net
Bob Bufkin
Crew
Posts: 6397
Gender:
Respect:
+44
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #4 on:
June 20, 2010, 08:31:31 AM »
0
Worked on a tunnel which goes nowhere. Track deadends inside. It's a junction to another RR on my little round and round. Lots of Hydrocal and paint, etc.
Logged
DKS
The Pitt
Crew
Posts: 13424
Respect:
+7027
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #5 on:
June 20, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »
0
This is not the same crankshaft I posted last week. This is (yet another) new one, this time even smaller. Just about got the dimensions nailed, finally. More here:
http://pinecreekrailroad.net/project_1e.htm
Logged
wcfn100
Crew
Posts: 8947
Respect:
+1383
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #6 on:
June 20, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
0
Got the shell of the East Dubuque drawn out, still need to figure out the windows and doors. There's a portion on the backside that I could not get any information on, but since it won't be seen, I'll let it pass.
Also, while going through some of my many project, I discovered that the MTL 40' standard boxcar isn't correct for any road at all, ever. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but the Atlas trainman version may actually be more correct than the MTL dispite the end ladders being straight. I'll have to recheck the Atlas door track location. The good news being - no more picking on that model as it's wrong no matter how you paint it.
Jason
Logged
SkipGear
Crew
Posts: 2431
Gender:
Respect:
+647
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #7 on:
June 20, 2010, 03:12:35 PM »
0
I finished my I-1 sort of...
Cosmetically it's done for now, until I get it to run a little better. The Kato motor does not have enough torque to match the Trix gear ratio and the loco lugs in the corners pretty bad. I need to work on a way to roughly double the gear reduction. After that, I will put the Digitrax sound decoder back in it. I have a sound file set up for the I-1 ready to go.
Logged
Tony Hines
Dave V
Crew
Posts: 12269
Gender:
Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
Respect:
+11742
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #8 on:
June 20, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
0
Tony,
I am in awe. That looks as good as brass. Very well done. Bravo!
Logged
Member PRRT&HS
HOn3 RGS First District on Facebook/
N scale Colorado Midland on Facebook
asciibaron
Guest
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #9 on:
June 20, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »
0
wow, some really inspiring things here in hot and humid June. between watching world cup matches i have been ripping up the L&HR. the plan looked good on paper, but in reality, the main was overshadowed by the yard. i'm down to plywood and am ordering more homabed this week.
it's looking more and more like a proto-lanced Bluestone branch will be coming to my basement. just need to sort out some staging (stub works well of my purposes) and how the main and branch with intersect.
Logged
BCRail_FSJ
Crew
Posts: 357
Gender:
Respect:
+553
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #10 on:
June 20, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »
0
Decalled and weathered some Atlas cars that had been sitting around for a while. Nothing looks better than a string of heavily weathered BC Rail green boxcars.
Logged
Attempting Canadian prototype modelling in Australia
British Columbia Fort St John Subdivision
https://nscalefortstjohnsub.wordpress.com
NorfolkSouthern9708
Guest
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #11 on:
June 20, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
0
Started to cut ties from basswood strips for the ho layout, going to need a lot more.
Logged
2-8-8-0
Guest
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #12 on:
June 20, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »
0
See, I get all down on steam, and then someone like Skip goes and posts something like his I-1.
Gorgeous engine, hope you get the gearing figured out!
*grumbling, I sulk over and begin ripping the friggin' cab off the friggin' 0-8-0 to figure out the sides of this friggin' firebox....grumble...grumble...*
Logged
mcjaco
Crew
Posts: 1754
Respect:
+147
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #13 on:
June 20, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
0
Work on my Oakwood module for MiNi is taking off.
Logged
~ Matt
Modutrak.com
NorfolkSouthern9708
Guest
Re: Weekend Update - 6/13/2010
«
Reply #14 on:
June 20, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »
0
Looks good, what exactly does "MiNi" stand for?
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
« previous
next »
TheRailwire
»
General Discussion
»
N and Z Scales
»
Weekend Update - 6/13/2010