Author Topic: Track  (Read 1268 times)

inkaneer

Track
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »
I recently purchased a bunch of unused flex track from an online etailer for a very reasonable price.  In looking at it I see that it was made by Model Power.  I knew that Model Power made track some time ago along with Lifelike and Bachmann but thought that Atlas was now the only supplier.  The track seems stiffer than similar Atlas track and I'm wondering what I got.  I heard that Backmann once made track from steel.  So anyone know why this track is stiffer [and springyer (if that's a word)] than Atlas flex?  This is code 80 track

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7961
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Track
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
I think they may still be making it too.

I know that I bought a box of Model Power cork recently too. Wait, actually, that was probably 10 years ago. Crap.

But yeah, MP makes a surprising amount of stuff. Too bad most of it's "toy grade".

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Where is the MP stuff made?

At one point they may have imported the roco stuff.

inkaneer

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »
I think they may still be making it too.

I know that I bought a box of Model Power cork recently too. Wait, actually, that was probably 10 years ago. Crap.

But yeah, MP makes a surprising amount of stuff. Too bad most of it's "toy grade".

This stuff looks a lot like Atlas C 80 flex.  The only difference I can detect is the tie spacing is just a tad wider and it doesn't want to hold a curve like Atlas flex.  The latter is not undesirable as I plan to use these in an Ntrak yard.  I'll save the Atlas flex for the curves.

On the undersides of the ties is printed "Made in Italy"  I compared it to some Atlas flex that says "Made in USA"  You think I got some old track here?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:26:34 PM by inkaneer »