Author Topic: TTrak video from Christmas show  (Read 1080 times)

Zox

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
TTrak video from Christmas show
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »
MARRS had HO and N layouts at an open house at Columbia Baptist Church back in December.

NVNTrak also had their TTrak modules there, which gave me a chance to test my camera car's ability to handle tight curves.

I had originally designed the car to work on 11" minimum radius, but modifications over time had compromised this capability, and when I first tried on Saturday morning the car couldn't quite manage the 11" curves on NVNTrak's "alternate" TTrak corners. However, after a bit of time fiddling with washers and spacing nuts, I was able to modify the car so it can now bend itself right 'round, and I imagine it will now work even on the 8.5" curves spec'd for "basic" TTrak corners.

So here are a couple of laps around NVNTrak's TTrak setup, to document my victory:

Please try to ignore the giant Safety Yellow blob that occasionally pops up in the background. :)
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +1143
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: TTrak video from Christmas show
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
You really get a feel for how much vertical play there is in the track work when the modules are only 12" long.  I though the yellow ball was the sun...  Then at 4:06 you get to see the moon, too!

Lee
Route of the Alpha Jets

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +687
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:21:21 PM »
Loved it , I wonder how long till somebody does a head on crash , maybe with a much simpler set up than your delicate trail tracker which works quite well . Thanks for sharing .

Zox

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
Loved it , I wonder how long till somebody does a head on crash , maybe with a much simpler set up than your delicate trail tracker which works quite well.
Thanks!

The camera car's been in a couple of collisions--unfortunately, not while I was recording. They're generally into the rear of another train, though, since a head-on cornfield meet would require DCC. :)

Although the situation will change if I ever attach a front coupler, right now the nose of the car actually makes a pretty good ramming prow:

Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...