Author Topic: Labor day weekend progress  (Read 1252 times)

AlkemScaleModels

• Crew
  • Helps build strong models 8 ways
  • Respect: +33
    • Alkem Scale Models
Labor day weekend progress
« on: September 08, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »
Nothing like a three day weekend to make some progress on the layout, even if one day was our wedding anniversary.

I decided that it was time to finish the bench work, install the remainder of the fascia and, after consultations with Alicia and Dave Emery, relocate the valance.

The original valance protruded into the center of the room to accommodate the bench work of the previous layout, one that was based on some of my existing oNeTRAK modules. The upshot was that the valance was in the way, made the room claustrophobic and presented a head strike hazard. The line showing the location of the old valance is visible on the ceiling in the photo at the left.

Once I decided to move it, it was a rather simple job. Dave Emery arrived just in time to be an invaluable help in relocating it. Moving the lights and patching the nail holes was not that hard.
The relocated valance is great. Combined with the new bench work, the center aisle is now much more roomy.

I posted more info and photos at my blog at http://usmrr.blogspot.com

diburning

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Labor day weekend progress
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
working on your layout on your anniversary?  Wow, you're one hardcore model railroader  ;D

AlkemScaleModels

• Crew
  • Helps build strong models 8 ways
  • Respect: +33
    • Alkem Scale Models
Re: Labor day weekend progress
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
working on your layout on your anniversary?  Wow, you're one hardcore model railroader  ;D

I didn't actually say that I worked on trains on our anniversary, just that it was on the same weekend.  In any case, Alicia is a great sport and we have actually made it to 12 years of wedded bliss.

On the layout front, I continue to make progress. This last weekend I did major backdrop painting.

See my blog for more details. http://usmrr.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:53:13 PM by AlkemScaleModels »