Author Topic: Con-Cor 86'? autoparts boxcars  (Read 799 times)

Catt

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Boylerwerx
Con-Cor 86'? autoparts boxcars
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
Now that I have one of the Bluford Shops autoparts carsI want to upgrade my old C-C cars does anyone know if they actually followed a specific protype car and what that car is. ;D
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
Sole owner of the
Grande Valley Railway
100% Michigan made

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
Re: Con-Cor 86'? autoparts boxcars
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:06:55 PM »
Well, their 60 footers were based on the Greenville Prototype. If I remember correctly,the CC's had some spottoong features of the Greenville car also.

GonzoCRFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:03:06 PM »
I have one of the Conrail 8-door versions sitting in front of me right now, and it looks to be a Thrall prototype.
Sean

Walkercolt

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:39:09 PM »
After looking at lots of proto-photos, my opinon is the Con-Cor is a mixture of the Thrall and Greenville details, and as I remember, it's a little too short in hieght too. The wheelbase is all wrong, but the N-Scale Kits(former Alan Curtis) underframe will fix that. I did the Alan Curtis thing to one C-C, decided it wasn't worth the effort to do anymore...much like the C-C auto-racks. You can put lipstick on a pig.... ::) Speaking of which. Any of you photo-etcher's get any calls for modern pig stock-cars? Seen a few up on the Trans-con line near Matfield Green, KS, and thought I'd like a couple. Another good etcher project would be a late Rock Island caboose. As many requests as I get for them, I might go into business assembling them... 8)