Author Topic: Rapido - New Player in N Scale Varnish  (Read 3953 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
Re: Rapido - New Player in N Scale Varnish
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »
I am going to be in the need of sponsorship to foot the bills of all this newly offered passenger equipment . I will promise to wear your company's name and non offending message on a tee shirt , for a buck a day . Pimping myself out for passenger cars  :-[

Richie Dost

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 05:32:41 PM »
This is some sweet news!!!!!!!!
Now if they would just do the Steam Generator car. ;) ;)

Here's a link to the announcement on there web site.
http://rapidotrains.com/telegraph9.html

Jon

jeez, I guess they don't think anyone in N has a class J 4-8-4 ...

http://rapidotrains.com/scl04z.html

they'd be the 1st to get N&W red close to being right if they did it ...

well, the site asks for input, so I sent this off to them:

Hello,

Welcome to N scale! You may want to consider bringing this road name to N scale, as there are now countless numbers of the beautiful newly re-tooled Bachmann N Scale N&W J 4-8-4's out there with absolutely nothing decent to pull behind them:

http://rapidotrains.com/scl04z.html

Almost a sure seller!

Thanks for listening!

Mark

Got a quick positive response from them the same day!

This is a good sign.

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »
Looks like I'll get a Cafe-Bar-Lounge in the future.  Getting tired of my coach passengers bitching about the loss of diners on my short coach trains!

central.vermont

• Crew
  • Jon
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »

This is a good sign.

So what did they say Mark?  :)

Jon

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »

This is a good sign.

So what did they say Mark?  :)

Jon

"Thanks for your email, and thank you for the warm welcome!"

and basically they do plan to release N&W eventually. 8)

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 08:18:23 AM »
What excites me the most here is another opportunity to obtain prototypical and/or close to prototypical sleepers from "foreign roads". Just like the upcoming Walther 10-6 sleeper (or is it a 10-5 ?) this allows me to add some single car sleepers to my "Pullman" collection. ( I just call it the "Pullman" collection, by 1973 Pullman was a historical reference; not an actual slepping car company but you get the drift !)

Every summer, even into the 1970's you'd see a colourful collection of ex Pullman and other road specific slepers on the "garden tracks" in Banff, Jasper and other mountain stations. These were excursion cars that were left as "rail hotels" for their pasengers vsiting the mountains of Alberta and B.C. There are pictures of PRR sleepers, coupled to NYC and NP sleepers just sitting on the garden tracks in Banff as late as 1973 that I've seen.

I am slowly doing a collection of these sleepers to add to my CN and CP transcontinental collections and to "decorate" a future station scene that I have been planning in my mind for many years.

With Walthers having announced their sleeper (accurate, almost accurate I don't know) the Intermountain 18 and 14 roomette sleepers already out and more (well, MAYBE more to come) and now the Rapido announcements there are truely a wide range of sleepers RTR and "ready to bash" soon to be available.

Accurate sleepers are the hardest thing in passenger op's as far as I am concerned. Even if you can work with brass or styrene car side you still have a challenge getting the correct cars so any additions to the fleet are appreciated by this modeler.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 09:49:58 AM »
What excites me the most here is another opportunity to obtain prototypical and/or close to prototypical sleepers from "foreign roads". Just like the upcoming Walther 10-6 sleeper (or is it a 10-5 ?) this allows me to add some single car sleepers to my "Pullman" collection. ( I just call it the "Pullman" collection, by 1973 Pullman was a historical reference; not an actual slepping car company but you get the drift !)

Every summer, even into the 1970's you'd see a colourful collection of ex Pullman and other road specific slepers on the "garden tracks" in Banff, Jasper and other mountain stations. These were excursion cars that were left as "rail hotels" for their pasengers vsiting the mountains of Alberta and B.C. There are pictures of PRR sleepers, coupled to NYC and NP sleepers just sitting on the garden tracks in Banff as late as 1973 that I've seen.

I am slowly doing a collection of these sleepers to add to my CN and CP transcontinental collections and to "decorate" a future station scene that I have been planning in my mind for many years.

With Walthers having announced their sleeper (accurate, almost accurate I don't know) the Intermountain 18 and 14 roomette sleepers already out and more (well, MAYBE more to come) and now the Rapido announcements there are truely a wide range of sleepers RTR and "ready to bash" soon to be available.

Accurate sleepers are the hardest thing in passenger op's as far as I am concerned. Even if you can work with brass or styrene car side you still have a challenge getting the correct cars so any additions to the fleet are appreciated by this modeler.

Puddington:

Interesting. My club models the CPR through Sudbury in the 1970s. An occasional foreign sleeper going out west would certainly be an interesting addition to the Canadian if we can actually prototypically justify that!

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5399
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »
I prefer hauling coal... Humans can be soooo messy.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
It would be prototypical - if you look at some of the Canadian Morning Sun books (I can't remember which ones right now - the one by a guy named Peel comes to mind)  you can see pictures just like the ones I spoke of.
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

SD452XR

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »
At $47 a pop (list) I'm glad the WM bailed out of people moving before my era!  Sheesh!

But consider the prototype fidelity!  Now you too can loose money on passenger operations!

Lee

Still cheaper than brass.