Author Topic: Plasser Tamper REALLY coming this fall (maybe)  (Read 1761 times)

ljudice

Plasser Tamper REALLY coming this fall (maybe)
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:38:36 PM »
From Lemke/Hobbytrain

! COMING AUTUMN 2008!

Erstamlig in N scale, the machine Gleisstopfnevilier "Duomatic 07-32" by Plasser and Theurer

Due to a [supplier going bankrupt] was the delivery date, unfortunately, repeatedly postponed.
Now the production and the Gelisstopfmaschine will in any case this year.

We apologize for the long wait and hope, however, that this model will meet your expectations!

----

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling for more MOW machines. Too bad Kibri did NOT announce their line of machines in N this year. Most of them are identical to US machines.

Lou
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:40:36 PM by ljudice »

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +27
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: Plasser Tamper REALLY coming this fall (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
Yeah, next thing you're gonna tell us is Deluxe Innovations is doing spine cars, Athearn is doing an F45, Intermountain is doing a cab-forward, and Kato is doing an eastern road SD40-2.

Wouldn't mind having one, but they've already used up all the vapor on this one.  I am no longer feeling the buzz.

(you could have had some more fun with this one by posting it tomorrow)
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
Its this another PCM annoucement.  8)
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

ljudice

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 05:41:23 PM »
I hear ya!!!

I'm sure there will be some great announcements tomorrow...

Maybe North American Railcar Manufacturing Works Corporation will be announcing the second paint scheme on their car...

What happened to those guys???

Walkercolt

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »
No witty comebacks or platitudes from me... we'll see what happens, if it happens. Things move at glacial speed in N-scale usually. ::)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »
Yeah, next thing you're gonna tell us is Deluxe Innovations is doing spine cars, Athearn is doing an F45, Intermountain is doing a cab-forward, and Kato is doing an eastern road SD40-2.

You had me believin' up until that very last one, then I knew you were a' fibbin'.
Now seeking Pacific NW N scalers to create a Modutrak-style modular club featuring NP's shared mainline between Seattle and Portland. PM me if interested.

inkaneer

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
Were these run in unit trains?  If so I'll take ten.  Really folks, is this supposed to be and operating accessory or rolling stock or just scenery?

ljudice

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50:02 PM »
This particular model is operating and apparently DCC ready. Of course by operable, it moves, it doesn't tamp your ballast!  :)   

As far as use in trains - it's an interesting question. Usually these machines operate in parades of related machines working together. They are transported long distances on flatcars. Many of these machines are big enough to have couplers, etc, but don't so they meet the union definition of a "Track Car" and therefore don't need a licensed engineer and conductor.

Frankly- the most commonly seen machines and vehicles within 20 feet or so of railroad tracks are MOW equipment - and I'd love to see more of them. They could be placed on a siding waiting to work - or out on a main track creating an obstruction for operations.

Lou

lock4244

• Crew
  • Ontario - tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax
  • Respect: +60
    • My train pics
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »
I hear ya!!!

I'm sure there will be some great announcements tomorrow...

Maybe North American Railcar Manufacturing Works Corporation will be announcing the second paint scheme on their car...

What happened to those guys???

Hey, I for one hope these come out soon. They promise to be great cars, and when they start showing up on eBay or an etailer discounted, I may pick up a few (like some PWRS cars I have).

Personally, I think they new cars are ugly, but I shot one on the Havelock Job, so I'd be interested in them... for a good, reasonable, discounted price.
Welcome to Ontario... we've got a tax for that.
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244

ljudice

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:12 AM »
I checked their site - they say June 2008...

A new body is always a good thing!  Hopefully they have some additional paint schemes in the works!

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
PWRS, err, North American Railcar Alliance, will likely have a rather high price point. I base this on nothing other than PWRS's existing pricing policy, which is MSRP and only discounted during sales. If PWRS is the exclusive distributor (again, I'm not sure), that means I get to pay 13% sales tax on top of that  because I'm lucky enough to live in Ontario, Canada  ::)

It'd be nice to get another cylindrical, but honestly, I'd have preferred Atlas be the one behind it. Given Atlas's recent releases (5701 cuft for example), a cylindrical done by them would be stellar.
My train pics:
More here:

ljudice

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
BTW, I was searching for some PWRS thing recently and came across a post on another forum (not Atlas or Trainboard) in which some person said that PWRS gives a substantial discount to you if you ask them for it and you're a regular customer.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »
Key word being regular customer... I've bought from them in the past, but nothing remotely close to being a regular customer. Now if they were my LHS, I'd be a regular, but that 3000 mile drive is a killer.
My train pics:
More here: