Author Topic: Atlas customer service  (Read 2708 times)

SD452XR

• Crew
  • Respect: +17
Atlas customer service
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
How is Atlas customer service? Been working on my staging yard and one of the #10 code 55 swithces came with a broken rail. Of course I didn't notice this until after I opened it. I bought these last year from NHS hobbies, but I would rather send it back to Atlas than NHS.  Has anyone heard if Atlas is going to come out in the very near future with curved turnouts? Will post some pics of the new layout soon.

thanks guys

Steve
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 11:24:05 AM by SD452XR »

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
Re: Atlas customer service
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »
I've never had to use Atlas customer service, but I've never seen anything bad written about it, and I spend a lot of time on the Atlas forum. :)
Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

scootbird

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
I had a problem GP30 that Atlas noticed I wass whinning about on the Atlas forum as it was brand new.  I got an email out of the blue and was instructed to ship it to Atlas for a test.  Did that and it arrived back in a week all a' fixid up!  So....I rate the service as very good.

Chulvis

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +5
    • http://www.featherrivertrains.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
Customer service from Atlas is second to none. I have had nothing but good experiences with them from both a customer and dealer standpoint. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Walkercolt

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 11:33:02 PM »
I wouldn't expect curved code 55 turnouts in the near future. There are too many options for radii to begin to tool them up. Maybe in they're new track with roadbed, but not in code 55. If you really need curved turnouts, then you should probably build your own, or find someone who will build them for you. Both are realistic options. Atlas customer service has always been about the best in the industry.

RS-27

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 03:32:08 AM »
People have curved standard turnouts by cutting through the plastic between the ties.  Be aware there are buried jumpers/conductors in most turnouts.

By the time you finish tweaking, you probably could have built it from scratch faster and cheaper.

Bob in IDaho

SD452XR

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »
If I need some, I will probably just build my own using fasttracks. Thanks guys

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
I believe curved turnouts are somewhat rare in North America (1:1 scale), so it seems unlikely that Atlas will do them.

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1109
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
I believe curved turnouts are somewhat rare in North America (1:1 scale), so it seems unlikely that Atlas will do them.

They're probably as common as #5 turnouts.

Jason

Subwayaz

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
I have never read anything bad about Atlas Customer Service, and my many dealings with the Online Atlas store has been A1. :)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »

They're probably as common as #5 turnouts.

Jason

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk! :D

True, but at least in form they follow North American prototype practice (unlike Peco).

Mark

SD452XR

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »

I don't model in 1:1 scale.  :P

slickwillie

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
Atlas customer service is top of the line. Other than including a complimentary chocolate bar with the returned (and fixed) item, it's hard to imagine their service needing any improvement.  :)