Author Topic: Coming from CMW  (Read 3618 times)

John Burkush

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Coming from CMW
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 07:46:42 PM »
one thing that really gets under my skin about the CMW cars is that the pairs come in the same color. :-X

odds are slim in my little town that cars would be bought in pairs in the same color.
So I plan to round up all the clones (the 2nds) and sell them off on Ebay. ::)
Pick up some duplicoolor touchup paint in those little bottles with the brushes and repaint them.
That's how I painted my fleet of resin autos after cleaning them up and spray priming them.
I saved the touchup spray cans from the 1:1 cars we have had over the years and picked up some
spray paint at wally's for cheap $ ; the different colors look good in our N worlds.
DANGER ! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON; MY SENSORS INDICATE THE PRESENCE OF CHROME PLATED WARBONNET SANTA FE
F UNITS ! DANGER ! EXTREME DANGER !

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Older CMW packs came with 2 different colored cars. When did they change?

the Ford Galaxy  (1966?) and the Chevy Caprices (1977?) came in matched pairs. Ditto on the newer releases.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
one thing that really gets under my skin about the CMW cars is that the pairs come in the same color. :-X

odds are slim in my little town that cars would be bought in pairs in the same color.
So I plan to round up all the clones (the 2nds) and sell them off on Ebay. ::)
Pick up some duplicoolor touchup paint in those little bottles with the brushes and repaint them.
That's how I painted my fleet of resin autos after cleaning them up and spray priming them.
I saved the touchup spray cans from the 1:1 cars we have had over the years and picked up some
spray paint at wally's for cheap $ ; the different colors look good in our N worlds.

I would consider airbrushing or spraying but never brush painting.  :o

It's highly annoying to me that they sell them this way, honestly I should'nt have to repaint them. I've got plenty of GHQ. CinC etc that I have to paint already.

It's the principle that annoys me. ::)