Author Topic: An eight year old kid and his dad made my year!  (Read 1715 times)

3rdrail

An eight year old kid and his dad made my year!
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:58:33 PM »
As y'all know from my touting it, I displayed and operated my portable railroad at the Wiregrass Train Show in Dothan, AL, this past weekend. Early yesterday afternoon, right after church and lunch, a father and his eight year old son approached me. The father told me his son had talked about my model railroad all year since the last show and he was so glad to see I was back.

I believe we've got at least one more young'un hooked on model railroading!

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: An eight year old kid and his dad made my year!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:35:11 PM »
Nice Gregg.  I'll bet that made your day!

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »
Gregg
I believe people like you that take the time to visit train shows with their layouts are the real heros of the model railroad community. Unfortunately I have never seen your layout in real live just the pictures you once in a while publish. I know you are working on a big scale layout now but I believe small layouts as yours should be published in magazins since that is something that attracts knew model railroaders.

slickwillie

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:05:34 PM »
Gregg
I believe people like you that take the time to visit train shows with their layouts are the real heros of the model railroad community. Unfortunately I have never seen your layout in real live just the pictures you once in a while publish. I know you are working on a big scale layout now but I believe small layouts as yours should be published in magazins since that is something that attracts knew model railroaders.

Amen to that!